Go Pitbull Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I'm new on gopitbull.com. We just rescued the sweetest Pit bull we ever met. He was starved in a home of 10 other dogs. We are having problems getting his weight up, already been to the vet and he is clean and healthy. He is sweet through and through. He LOVES my son (6 years old), they play all day. I hope to learn more abt caring for him with y'all

·
Super Moderator
4,593 Posts
Welcome to GP. :)
What part of FL are you in?

If you use the search function and look up satin balls, a lot of people use them to help put weight on. There are threads with ingredients.

How much does he weigh now and what are you feeding him?

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
I'm in Jacksonville. My husband has just now put him on Iams for large breeds. He also been mixing up Egg Yolk in it (I cant have the yolk so I make up my own eggs in the mornings with just the whites then the yolk goes to Caesar). I personally don't know how much he weighs right now but when hubby gets home from work, I'm sure to ask. He is a BIG boy for sure, and is a lap dog. I am working on controlling his habit to jump up on people, he is too big and too heavy to be doing that. Anyone know a good collar I should look into. He's neck is so big, I cant seem to find the right one. He broke 2 so far and I hate chains.

·
The Yard Of Many Colors
3,420 Posts
welcome to GP :D

·
Registered
79 Posts
Welcome to GP! I have an almost 7 month old pup who still likes to jump. It seems to be a really difficult habit to break!!! Good Luck!

·
Premium Member
9,147 Posts
Welcome to GP :)

·
Silver VIP Member
1,069 Posts
Welcome to the forum!
3 points:
1. THANK YOU for rescuing!! :D I love a good adoption story!!
2. I used to live in Jax too :) I lived over in OP for a while, then Arlington... but I'm actually from Baker County, lol.
3. I have a Caesar too! :D (Thank you for spelling it right!!)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts