Go Pitbull Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Silver VIP Member
1,069 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey to all the Pittie lovers! My husband and I rescued a puppy from a pretty bad situation back in March, and have fallen in love with the breed. :woof: I am here to learn as much as I can--a lot of information online is objective and some of it is just out right ridiculous. It's hard to find anyone outside of those that love the breed (and/or owned one or more) that will give honest information. I have learned a lot, from books, magazines, and the internet. But I am the kind of person that can never learn enough about something that I love, and I love my Keira. She is by far the best dog I have ever had. She is back in perfect health now, and is 5 months old!

·
Bull Headed
1,247 Posts
:welcome: hope you can learn to your hearts desire and then some.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hey MamTank! I love a great rescue story. My fisrt piece of advice would be to check you dog laws in your state. They have just passed a bill in GA that demands owners of "Dangerous Dog" breeds to register their dogs. This means you pay for the registration (monthly, every 6 mos, or yearly), you provide you and your dogs information, and your dog is microchipped. If you are out with your dog and he is not registered, your dog is immediately confiscated and you are fined. Sounds like dog profiling to me. And Georgia is supposed to be home of the bully breed. Also, don't hesitate to start training and socializing. Hope this helps.

BlueVale

·
Premium Member
9,147 Posts
welcome :)

·
Silver VIP Member
1,069 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hey MamTank! I love a great rescue story. My fisrt piece of advice would be to check you dog laws in your state. They have just passed a bill in GA that demands owners of "Dangerous Dog" breeds to register their dogs. This means you pay for the registration (monthly, every 6 mos, or yearly), you provide you and your dogs information, and your dog is microchipped. If you are out with your dog and he is not registered, your dog is immediately confiscated and you are fined. Sounds like dog profiling to me. And Georgia is supposed to be home of the bully breed. Also, don't hesitate to start training and socializing. Hope this helps.

BlueVale
We check up on the laws every few weeks!:) Her registration is done, her microchipping will be done on Tuesday when she gets spayed, and she never goes out unleashed. We started training as soon as we got her, and since she goes everywhere with me-- she is well-socialized. She loves people, dogs, and cats! We truly found a little gem. Keira is a very well-behaved little girl, and we are aiming for a CGC in a few months. She currently resides with two small children (Oh, the horror! haha), 2 cats, and a 6 year old German Shepherd. There is a little pet shop here in town (No puppy or kitten sales) that we take her up to every week, and the staff fawns over her-- they are her real heroes. They took care of her for two days until we found out and went to get her... she had been dumped because she was sick. Bacterial infection, allergies to her food, and dry skin-- stuff that one trip to the vet corrected! People make me sad.:(

And to the rest of ya'll that said hello, Thank You!!! :woof:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts