Go Pitbull Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,206 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My pup Badger gets them on the drop of a dime, whether he's excited or not, eating fast or not, after picking him up or not, etc. They go away in a minute or so and don't bother him at all, but it happens to him frequently. I assume it has to do with air intake? Maybe excitability? I'm not worried, I just don't understand them. Any insights? Thanks

·
Original Prankster
13,928 Posts
Dosia used to get them all the time as a pup. He did it a lot when he was sleeping after he ate. Not really too sure why but it's kinda cute :)

·
+ Young buck human puppy
1,832 Posts
I foound all younger dogs i had got them not sure why but what i do is i give them a fright and they go away, they look at me like WTF?!?!

·
Original Prankster
13,928 Posts
LOLL that's funny, scare it outta them :) I think little puppy hickups are so cute :)

·
Premium Member
258 Posts
Kane gets them for a little bit after he eats. I attribute this to the fact that he eats like a man half starved to death.

·
Original Prankster
13,928 Posts
I think it's too much air intake when they eat that causes it just like in people.

·
Premium Member
3,206 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks ladies for the replies:) I have just been lightly patting him on the chest and back, as if he were a human I guess LOL! Maybe it's a puppy thing. Obviously it didn't affect Dosia any (what a terrific pup) and Miss A, I'll try it sometime, but Badger doesn't scare easily;)
P.S. My liquor cabinet is always open and some alcohol is missing, could Badger be....no, no nevermind:)

·
Premium Member
258 Posts
Badger has that ability as well, I think I could throw down an SOS pad and he'd go for it LOL!!!
Or at the very least give it a Test-Nibble i'm sure.

Kane is pretty good about not trying to eat everything in site, but when I finally allow him his food he goes bonkers :woof:

·
Proud CGC Parent
1,782 Posts
Kane used to get them all the time as a pup. Now that he's closing in on a year, he doesn't get them as much. Last time he had them was about a month ago. He's mellowed out on the food inhalation, though. ;)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts