Go Pitbull Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,147 Posts
I feed one of my dogs raw only as well as alot of other people on here and our dogs who eat raw meat are far from aggressive.

·
SCRATCHIN
1,104 Posts
That's the old myth...stems from "a dog that eats raw or tastes blood becomes more aggressive"

Answer is no...to all of it! ;)

·
Premium Member
9,147 Posts
the only thing we found to be true on the farm is once a dog kills it will continue to do so ,like when they kill a chicken we have to rehome to a city home or PTS or they will continue to go after chickens. More a prey drive thing then it is killing cause of aggression.

·
SCRATCHIN
1,104 Posts
the only thing we found to be true on the farm is once a dog kills it will continue to do so ,like when they kill a chicken we have to rehome to a city home or PTS or they will continue to go after chickens. More a prey drive thing then it is killing cause of aggression.
True. However, that can be trained to kill only on command ;)

·
h2o APBTs
842 Posts
I feed mine raw, run 'em on the treadmill, work 'em on the flirt pole and spring pole.. and magically.. somehow.. they're still genuinely good dogs. Must be 'cause I don't feed 'em gunpowder. Yeah, I'm sure that's it. :)

·
English Dogge Yard
3,441 Posts
Its an old tale with no truth to it, either a dog is DA or its not.. HA or its not..etc... Its all about genetics not high protein or raw.

·
Kelevra
1,733 Posts
nope..no truth
If it was we woulda all had vicious dogs the whole time! :)

·
Registered
816 Posts
ive seen claims where certain tribes in south america fed mainly meat and it was mentioned as a far fetched theory that high protein could be a contributing factor.

far fetched is key term

1 - 15 of 15 Posts