Go Pitbull Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
has anyone ever heard of this topic... i have wondered this also since its just like feeding them somewhat close to meat.
what do you think?

·
Proud CGC Parent
1,782 Posts
High protein doesn't make a dog aggressive.

The only things that make a dog aggressive are genetic factors and environmental ones (abusive treatment, fearfulness, etc).

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ya i am aware of that, but i know alott of opinions travel on the net so i was just wondering...

·
Premium Member
9,147 Posts
I feed one of my dogs raw only as well as alot of other people on here and our dogs who eat raw meat are far from aggressive.

·
SCRATCHIN
1,104 Posts
That's the old myth...stems from "a dog that eats raw or tastes blood becomes more aggressive"

Answer is no...to all of it! ;)

·
Premium Member
9,147 Posts
the only thing we found to be true on the farm is once a dog kills it will continue to do so ,like when they kill a chicken we have to rehome to a city home or PTS or they will continue to go after chickens. More a prey drive thing then it is killing cause of aggression.

·
SCRATCHIN
1,104 Posts
the only thing we found to be true on the farm is once a dog kills it will continue to do so ,like when they kill a chicken we have to rehome to a city home or PTS or they will continue to go after chickens. More a prey drive thing then it is killing cause of aggression.
True. However, that can be trained to kill only on command ;)

·
Registered
44 Posts
I feed RAW to all of my dogs and it does nothing but make their tail wag. That raw myth is right up there with all dog fighters feed their dogs gun powder.

·
h2o APBTs
842 Posts
I feed mine raw, run 'em on the treadmill, work 'em on the flirt pole and spring pole.. and magically.. somehow.. they're still genuinely good dogs. Must be 'cause I don't feed 'em gunpowder. Yeah, I'm sure that's it. :)

·
English Dogge Yard
3,441 Posts
Its an old tale with no truth to it, either a dog is DA or its not.. HA or its not..etc... Its all about genetics not high protein or raw.

·
Kelevra
1,733 Posts
nope..no truth
If it was we woulda all had vicious dogs the whole time! :)

·
Registered
816 Posts
ive seen claims where certain tribes in south america fed mainly meat and it was mentioned as a far fetched theory that high protein could be a contributing factor.

far fetched is key term

1 - 15 of 15 Posts