Go Pitbull Dog Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,I'm new to the forum but I have a question.I have a year old pit bull named diesel.I found out that he has to have a full hip replacement on his right hip.It is a third out of the socket,he is on pain meds and I am planning on having the surgery at the end of the year.Does anyone have any experience with this issue?

·
Original Prankster
13,928 Posts
Poor pup. I don't have any with this but I have had a young do go through surgery. One of our dogs jumped out of a car window and hurt him self bad. He was suppose to be on crate rest and the puppy sitter let him out front to go potty with no leash on. He took off after a cat and broke his back leg, witch had to be fused back together. If you can I would stay with the dog until they put him under, they get scared and confused when they get the anestesia. Also I'd see if they can give him anything other than morphine after the surgery. My dog had terrible withdraws from it and acted like he was is more pain than he should be, also it made him not want to eat and he dropped weight fast.
I'm very sorry about your dog, and I wish you both the best of luck. If you have more questions don't hesatate to ask.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Luckily I work at an animal hospital and they are really helpful doing the referral.He has to stay in the hospital for 4 to 5 days and the full recovery is two months.The biggest problem is the cost,only places that do it are veterinary colleges and they want 4700 for the surgery and won't let me do payments and I don't approve for credit because I'm only 21 and I have no credit.I hope to save up for it by the end of the year.But he is a great dog and well worth it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts