Go Pitbull Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm planning on going go the vet tomorrow, however my very high anxiety girl and I are out of town and away from her reg vet. Any suggestions for reducing her fight instinct with a new vet? Hope is a rescue that does not accept anyone she doesn't know touching her, even with a muzzle.
I've checked with all my dog people and the consensus is she has a staph infection and will need antibiotics.

·
Super Moderator
5,331 Posts
I can only suggest forewarning the vet and have a sturdy muzzle on her when you arrive. Even hives and a staph infection is not excuse for HA.

Joe

·
Premium Member
1,273 Posts
Call the vet first and see if you can pick up a sedative to give her before you take her. You may still want to have that muzzle Joe suggested as well as I’ve seen dogs fight right through a sedative when scared. I do agree with Joe though - nothing excuses HA.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
4,593 Posts
If it were me and I were only out of town a few days. I would give benedryl at 1mg/lb and coat the affected area with organic coconut oil or honey. Both being natural antibacterial. Then see my regular vet when I get home.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Did the vet help? if not take a 4 oz container of vaseline and mix in a 1/2 oz of flowers of sulphur, 1/4 oz of coconut and all natural essential oil tea tree oil. Mixed this together in the vaseline container. Keep it inside the house, basically don't let it melt down again. Put this on the dog daily until it is gone. Works wonders!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts