Go Pitbull Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
OCD Bullyologist
8,663 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Had to post this especially when I saw the breed of dog responsible. I don't know about y'all but I see no need to take my dog into Home Depot with me. Kangol is my roll dog and rides everywhere with me, but he sits his butt in the truck with the AC on. My son is hard enough to shop with so I really wouldn't want to have to deal with my dog in the store too.

Home Depot bans pets after vicious dog attack sends employee to hospital
(The Canadian Press) - 20 hours ago

TORONTO - Starting in May, Canadian pet owners will have to leave their four-legged companions at home when they go shopping at Home Depot.
The retailer says it is banning pets at its stores across Canada after a vicious attack by a Shih Tzu sent an Ottawa-area employee to hospital last week.
Anne Riel, 39, says she was working near the doors at the Home Depot in Gloucester, east of Ottawa, when a woman came in with a Shih Tzu in her shopping cart.
Riel says she bent down slightly to pet the dog but it leapt out of the cart and bit her in the face, taking a chunk out of her nose.
Doctors had to sew Riel's skin together and reattach her left nostril. She says she will need multiple plastic surgeries before her nose looks "somewhat normal" again.
Home Depot says certified assistance dogs, such as guide dogs for the blind, will still be allowed in stores when the new policy comes into effect on May 16.

·
Original Prankster
13,928 Posts
Wow!!! A shih tzu huh. Why is it that those little designer breeds seem to be so aggressive?

·
The Yard Of Many Colors
3,420 Posts
bahahahaha.... the little ankle biter got him !!!!!!! :D

·
Registered
776 Posts
seriously .. if you wer reincarnated as a shih tzu .. wouldnt you be mad ?

·
Registered
901 Posts
That is crazy! But in retrospect, why the heck would someone just feel it is okay to reach out and touch a dog let alone bend over it? She deserved it for stupidity alone. I was raised as well as my family you never reach out, bend over a dog or try to grab it around the neck whether it is yours or a strange dog. You stand back ask for permission, then provide your hand opened palmed to allow the dog to sniff you first prior to petting a dog. OMG people are stupid sometimes.

·
OCD Bullyologist
8,663 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
That is crazy! But in retrospect, why the heck would someone just feel it is okay to reach out and touch a dog let alone bend over it? She deserved it for stupidity alone. I was raised as well as my family you never reach out, bend over a dog or try to grab it around the neck whether it is yours or a strange dog. You stand back ask for permission, then provide your hand opened palmed to allow the dog to sniff you first prior to petting a dog. OMG people are stupid sometimes.
Ah, maybe because it was in a Home Depot. I agree with what you are saying, but some people would probably think "that dog must be nice if they brought it in Home Depot with them."

·
Super Moderator
11,000 Posts
I agree, totally crazy and if your dog could pose a threat you don't bring it into stores! My sister and I were in Lowes the other day and a women had her dog. I had no idea they were ALLOWED in stores, we thought she was crazy! lol

·
Premium Member
590 Posts
Members
The woman leaned forward toward the dog-THAT can be taken as a threat-she did not ask if she could pet the dog.She is at fault-period.
For HD to ban all dogs is purely to cover their own rears.
Thank you,
Henry

·
Registered
859 Posts
I think if that dog was aggressive then it shouldn't of been in the store. We all know ppl will pet a dog invited or not. It's up to US to be responsible where the dog is and goes.

·
Premium Member
9,147 Posts
I didnt even know you could bring dogs in, honestly It drives me nuts when people bring there little yappy dogs in stores with them , they figure if they are in there purse or buggy then its fine. It gross i dont like seeing dogs in grocery stores or clothing places some are allergic to dogs and it isnt fair to them. if we cant bring our big dogs into a place then the small dogs shouldnt be allowed. there is nothing for dogs at home depot or places like that they should leave the dogs at home.

·
Work them Pet Bulls!
3,940 Posts
Thats crazy! A shihtzu LOL! I used to groom dogs and them little suckers can be NASTY! I knew for years you could bring your dogs into home depot. I used to bring my GSD/husky mix with me back in the day when I would go there but he loved everybody!!

·
hrmph
5,349 Posts
Wow!!! A shih tzu huh. Why is it that those little designer breeds seem to be so aggressive?
People figure because they are small they don't need to be disciplined like a big dog! MISTAKE!!!!!!!!!!

Dogs have no place in Home Depot or Lowes, you are there to buy things to improve your house. What, are you gunna ask your dog which lawn furniture he would like to pee on more? gawd, peeps! :)

·
OCD Bullyologist
8,663 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
People figure because they are small they don't need to be disciplined like a big dog! MISTAKE!!!!!!!!!!

Dogs have no place in Home Depot or Lowes, you are there to buy things to improve your house. What, are you gunna ask your dog which lawn furniture he would like to pee on more? gawd, peeps! :)
I dunno Kangol would give me his input on which was more comfortable to sun himself in. KIDDING!

·
Registered
296 Posts
Haha I didn't know dogs could go into home depot either. I think Lo would like it there, I'll have to rush him in before he's not allowed!! :p

But, really, I don't even bring Loki into pet stores with me if I think he'll be too excited. Workers at petsmart seem to be the mostt judgmental about it...

1 - 14 of 14 Posts