Go Pitbull Forums banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Banned
1,750 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so I was looking into single registering Sydney so she can compete in weight pulling one of these days and single registration requires that Sydney's parents and grandparents be registered, am I correct?

I guess I am kinda stuck then...I can't get any information from the guy I got her from...

I know she's not registered and i don't think her parents were...is there anything I can do? It seems like all the pulls I can find are sanctioned....and d*mn it I wanna play too :cry:

can anyone help me or do I "just love her and pet her and name her George"?

·
Registered
264 Posts
man i thought all you needed was parents and grandparents, not that they had to be registered. that sucks though you can't register her.

·
Banned
1,750 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
what is flyball?

yea I know...it does suck, UKC allows a limited privilege registration but I don't want to spay her :(

·
Banned
1,750 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
hey they have one in charlotte...neat

still makes me sad, but that's ok we will have to find something else

If you have ideas keep them coming I open to new ideas :)

·
wheezie wayne
3,366 Posts
if you dont plan on breeding her... its really just a real pain having to deal with her when she goes in heat

·
Banned
1,750 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
yea i know...the guy that I got syd from used to be friends with my boyfriend back when he was growing up...and now we can't seem to get in touch with him ....

·
Registered
749 Posts
If she isn't even registered, why would you even consider breeding her? Granted, being registered does not mean much. But come on... Let's be realistic, you know nothing about this dog and her ancestors. Why would the thought of breeding even cross your mind, especially if you know what sort of situation we are currently facing?

Forget about breeding, have her spayed (It has many beneficial health resons), and look into an ILP with the UKC, AKC, or ADBA. This will allow you to compete in all events, save for conformation.

·
Dare to dance the tide
12,401 Posts
There all sorts of stuff you can do with your dog. Agility is fun so is rally. My sister does Flyball and has a blast. I would love to this with Chalice but she is too DA so we are working on dock jumping, agility, and rally. I would deff spay her.

·
Banned
1,750 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I understand the reasons an we have decided to go ahead and spay our oldest...so she can compete weight pulling, I still just want to wait till Sydney is older before I decide to spay her...you don't have to have a registered dog for it to be a wonderful dog, but I know you all know this already....

Maybe next time around I'll pay for a registered dog, to me in the beginning it was not an issue, since getting Sydney I have wanted to become more involved in the whole pit bull sporting events, before I knew not much about the breed and was wary of breeders and finding a real quality dog, but now I know more about breeders and more importantly know I can always run it past you all or possibly my next baby will come from one of you....Thanks for all your help!:angel:

time to get back to work:snap:

·
Banned
1,750 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
ok well i did some thinking and figured I was being a little selfish, so I found me a new vet today one that is familiar with and owns pitbulls she seems very nice and knowledgable, and found out Syd is like the perfect age to be spayed so we are signed up for next wednesday hope it all goes well! weight pulling here we come yayyy!

·
Registered
822 Posts
Sydney said:
what is flyball?

yea I know...it does suck, UKC allows a limited privilege registration but I don't want to spay her :(
I'm sure she is a great dog and this may sound harsh BUT I love the breed and that concerns me more , so here goes....

If she does not have papers she should be spayed anyway IMO since there is no way possible to prove heritage and if her parents weren't papered her breeder was already not responsible with the breeding that produced her.

I say get her LP from both UKC and ADBA

there are other orgs where you can do weight pull agility, flyball besides UKC and ADBA but that being said with the state of the breed and all the BYBs there are and dogs wasting away in shelters because of irresponsible breeding practices there really is no reason to be breeding unpapered dogs JMO

Food for thought:
By no means am I saying that papers alone make a dog worthy of being bred but that certainly is part of it. You have to be able to look at and match up bloodlines and qualities and attributes when planning a breeding properly along with many many other factors

I hope you take that into consideration

·
Banned
1,750 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 · (Edited)
Im gonna go out on a limb here and say you didn't read this....

Sydney said:
ok well i did some thinking and figured I was being a little selfish, so I found me a new vet today one that is familiar with and owns pitbulls she seems very nice and knowledgable, and found out Syd is like the perfect age to be spayed so we are signed up for next wednesday hope it all goes well! weight pulling here we come yayyy!

·
Registered
822 Posts
Sydney said:
Im gonna go out on a limb here and say you didn't read this....
LOL Nope I didn't see that.

I'm so glad you decided to get her spayed. There are so many things opened to you working her in UKC I'm sure you'll have a great time.

Training early makes later serious training easier because you set the foundation work

KUDOS on the decision:cheers:

·
Pits Are For Chicks
16,258 Posts
http://www.iwpa.net

I believe you can pull with these guys having a non spayed dog.

Tho I am not trying to turn you away from spaying, just wanted to give you this option of another place to pull.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts