Go Pitbull Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In November of 2013 we lost our 8 year old dog to cancer of the spleen. It was very sudden and without any warning signs/symptoms. My kids (6 year old twins) are devastated and being that we are diehard dog lovers, our house just isn't a home without a dog. I have been researching many, many different kennels and all I see are breeders bragging about the size of their dogs, the size of their heads, etc...and barely anything on temperament and health. I do not want a short dog that can't move because my kids and I are athletic and need a dog that will go swimming with us, walking, play ball, frisbee...you get the idea. By accident I came across a kennel called "Dark Knight American Bullies"
Home - Dark Knight American Bullies and I love the look of their dogs and how this kennel presents themselves. I was wondering if anyone has ever heard of this kennel/done business with them? I am looking for a Bully that will be strictly a pet (I am not interested in breeding or showing). Or if anyone can recommend any kennels that would be great too. Thank you for your time.

·
Diggin' Deep
5,194 Posts
I'm no American bully expert but those actually look like decent dogs! And I like that the breeders health test their dogs. I'm hoping that some folks that know bullies can weigh in and help you out further.

·
Premium Member
5,100 Posts
The look like great dogs. Most bullies come with a hefty price tag though. You may be able to inquire about pet quality dogs. I'm just not sure I'd spend that kind of cash on a bully I wasn't intending to show our compete with when there are a ton of bully-like dogs in shelters.

·
Banned
189 Posts
I do not want a short dog that can't move because my kids and I are athletic and need a dog that will go swimming with us, walking, play ball, frisbee...you get the idea.
I don't know what kind of dog you had before, but if you need a dog that can do all those things, be very careful where you go. So many individuals of the different bull breeds are way overdone and easily overheat. Also, I highly recommend visiting any kennel you are seriously considering and seeing the premises and dogs in person. Or, sending a trusted, knowledgeable individual.

There is so much "hype" and slick advertising when it comes to these breeds, that I think you have to be very careful.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts