Votes: 2 33.3%
  • Neither, he's a monster

Votes: 3 50.0%
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Banned
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I can't resist given the reaction I got joining another forum today.

hunt hogs usually with hounds until my neighbour came banging on my door with this oversized pup looking to make use of my own bitch dog - knowing my lurcher [Wolfhound x Collie], Gingersnaps, had had her litter and the mother had abandoned her lot. He was the only survivor.

Now my neighbour gave him up to me [and his other dogs to others] before moving entirely out of the area. He said the parents with ADBA registered but I take that with a grain of salt

Right here he's 4 years, 115-120 lbs. He's been trampled on by a 350lb hog, no serious injury, and worked both bear and cat with my hounds and the neighbours dogs.

So is he a dog or a horse?

·
Work them Pet Bulls!
3,940 Posts
A horse! I'd call a great dane a horse before I call your boy one LOL! Joking of course :) How tall is your boy? He definitely would be laughed out of the ADBA ring if he was a show bulldog ;) No papers on him right?

·
GYPSY PAVING
445 Posts
Reading the standard to see if my male is within it I noticed the XL's can be Tall. My boy who is suffering from rapid growth is 23" now @ 15 mos. I think he's done with his hight growing. I dont show so idk but your may be within the XL catigorie. Im sure others willl clarify. Great Lookin Boy!

·
Super Moderator
11,000 Posts
Hard to tell in pictures stand next to him. What kind of dog is it? Can you tell what it's mixed with?

·
Banned
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hard to tell in pictures stand next to him. What kind of dog is it? Can you tell what it's mixed with?
Stand next to him? I have had my niece [11] ride him like a horse, would that help?

As for what he is, not a clue. The original owner [who gave him up to me] said the parents were ADBA registered and some have commented on another forum commented Dagger / Camelot which I believe is one of those oversized APBT bloodlines.

If I would have to guess. Somewhere in the background possible Mastiff [Dogo or something similar] crossed with Bully and APBT. He's not lippy like other mastiff types and hardly ever drools [unless it's hot or we've worked]... the huge head... and the ears are cropped that short because of him been a hog dog.

I'll post one of his pups' pictures [he has one litter, not a BYB looking for quick money off a monster like him] later for a comparison.

·
Premium Member
9,147 Posts
Geeze he makes my horse look small lol. Handsome boy though.

·
GYPSY PAVING
445 Posts
Stand next to him? I have had my niece [11] ride him like a horse, would that help?

As for what he is, not a clue. The original owner [who gave him up to me] said the parents were ADBA registered and some have commented on another forum commented Dagger / Camelot which I believe is one of those oversized APBT bloodlines.

If I would have to guess. Somewhere in the background possible Mastiff [Dogo or something similar] crossed with Bully and APBT. He's not lippy like other mastiff types and hardly ever drools [unless it's hot or we've worked]... the huge head... and the ears are cropped that short because of him been a hog dog.

I'll post one of his pups' pictures [he has one litter, not a BYB looking for quick money off a monster like him] later for a comparison.
What did you breed him to? Any pics. There gonna be some good lookin pups..ohh I love pupys. Hahahah

·
Super Moderator
11,000 Posts

haha nice. Yeah my niece rode Mel like he was a horse, poor pup, lol That's doesn't help cause my boy is not horse size. lol Nice about the drooling, so would you consider him a bandog?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts