Go Pitbull Forums banner

Housebreaking Lapse

1K views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  ames 
#1 ·
My puppy Steve has been fully housetrained since he was about four months old (He is 9 months old now) and the only times he has had accidents have been in his crate when he was sick. But now, this week he has pooped in the house twice. That may not seem like such a big deal, but to me its monumental.

The first time he pooped in the house I tore into my husband, because we were in the middle of a fight about him not doing the things he is supposed to. He's currently not working outside of the house, and there are things he is supposed to do when I am not there to do them and obviously one of those is walking the dog and playing with him. I came home and the dog hadn't been fed his last meal, or played with and there was poop. So that one in all fairness is probably my husbands fault, if Steve didn't get outside time he didn't get an opportunity to go.

The second time however was two days later (yesterday) and since I was home everything was taken care of. He had two walks and some frisbee and was let outside regularly to romp and he usually goes in that time. I just finished spraying him down with ACV because he got into some ants or something and is itchy. He just went behind the couch and started pooping and when I gave him a stern NO! he ignored me. So I ran up to him and grabbed him by the scruff to put him outside to finish and at first he didn't go. He whined to be let back inside. Then he chased some frogs around. I went into the yard and took him to his potty spot and told him to go and then he finished pooping. Now I am starting to think that maybe earlier in the week wasn't my husbands fault and maybe Steve is upset or something and thats why he's pooping in the house. We are in the middle of moving, with lots of stuff in boxes, and maybe that makes him feel confused and scared? It felt more like defiance because he hates to be sprayed down though :rofl:

I know this was a ridiculously long post about two house poops, but what do you guys think?

See less See more
#2 ·
He maybe confused due to the move and boxes. He might be sick but I have heard that would cause peeing more than poop. I would just keep doing whT you are doing and see If it happens again.

#4 ·
My mom's patient has a weenie dog, and she is house broken. Her owner is usually home at all times. When she goes somewhere, it doesn't matter for how long she is gone. She will get upset with her and she will leave her a present right in front of the door. Can they possibly be telling that they are upset about something???

Just a thought! Hope you get things straightend out :)

#6 ·
I didn't think he was a rescue, lol but I would just stay on top of him and like Kandi said it could be anxiety, but you are home at the times so maybe related to the change.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.