Go Pitbull Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've noticed something over the last few weeks, Beau's life has improved almost ten-fold. I'll admit I wasn't the best owner, there were days I didn't have time to walk him, let alone pet him other then his feeding time. There were days he'd sit in the rain and wait for me to get home from work, and since I worked late nights, I'd feed him give him a pat on the head and then walk back up the hill from his chain and go inside and he'd sit there for hours staring at the house. But ever since almost loosing him, I vowed to be a better owner and that he would never sit on a chain again in the open, my boy deserved better then that. So I got off my lazy butt, and started working towards that goal. I built him a kennel and even am trying new things with him. I bought him a kong for Christmas and the difference that one toy has made is amazing, he loves eating out of it and I noticed he's not barking as much, he's not pacing as much either. I'm trying to get better about walking him, but I do work weird shifts so it's harder to do so, but I'm trying.

So aside from my ramble,I guess I'm just saying this is something that I've noticed...that even just having him live in a kennel and not on a chain anymore, he's became a happier dog. And I'm looking to having back inside in the next year.

·
Registered
274 Posts
I believe that nobody is a great owner ALL of he time. Jeepers, if I think of all the mistakes I made with owning dogs, its a miracle they even look at me- let alone love me. But that is why owning a day and having them part of our lives is so special. They teach us about forgiveness and unconditional love.
Its good that you were able to improve Beau's life and I'm sure he'll reward you the way only he knows how.
That's obviously one happy puppy you got there!

·
Super Moderator
4,586 Posts
The best stories always start out with "I used to" and end with "trying" and "now it's different". Your dog loves you all the more for having realized what he needs. When we make the time to make our dogs happy we in turn are also happy. Congrats on your revelation, and I hope that you and Beau have a billion more happy days together. :)

·
Registered
55 Posts
What an adorable little guy :) kudos to you for doing what you are. It is inspiring, I only wish others would make that effort too.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts