Go Pitbull Forums banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been bugging my husband worrying about how Bruno will look at a year old he is 6 months now and weighs 53lbs. I recently got him Neutered on 2/3/12 and asked the vet tech if she thought his head was going to bulk out and get a little taller etc, she said she thinks he isn't so I am all worried now about his size and driving my husband insane. What do you all think about how big he will end up? I know it's hard to say but would like some feedback from fellow owners. Here is a couple of current pictures of him. Also Here is a picture of his dad, I guess he was bigger weighed about 90lbs.

Attachments

·
Jr MEMBER
1,309 Posts
He's already really big for a APBT, they're around 30-60 for the most part. There isn't really any accurate way to tell yuh, you just have to see what his genes give you. His dad looks more bully.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
He's already really big for a APBT, they're around 30-60 for the most part. There isn't really any accurate way to tell yuh, you just have to see what his genes give you. His dad looks more bully.
what do you think he is if he looks to big for an APBT?

·
Jr MEMBER
1,309 Posts
Do you happen to know his pedigree? Can't tell for sure without papers, there are very large Pit Bull dogs bred for weight pulling and such that had mastiff mixed in years back.

·
End-F0rum-Communism
717 Posts
i dont think he will get any taller. wider and thicker yes. His head piece needs to split a bit more.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
i dont think he will get any taller. wider and thicker yes. His head piece needs to split a bit more.
So he still has growing to do then? he is only 6 months old they say a puppy doesn't stop growing till their about a year old? :pup:

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
He is currently eating Nature's Recipe Large Breed Puppy, is there any better food that he should be on? I tried Blue Buffalo already and it was really rich for him and he didn't like it.

·
Work them Pet Bulls!
3,940 Posts
He does look like a Pit Bull though rite?
Pit bull is a generic term used to describe any muscled dog with a big head for the most part. A pure APBT weighs anywhere from 30 to 60 pounds with some reaching up to 70 lbs tops. Most dogs grow up the first year and fill out the second year. If you don't have any papers on him than you can't call him an APBT but more of a pit bull mix. He maybe a scatter bred dog consisting of American bully and APBT. He is a good looking boy regardless of him being "pure" or not :)

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Pit bull is a generic term used to describe any muscled dog with a big head for the most part. A pure APBT weighs anywhere from 30 to 60 pounds with some reaching up to 70 lbs tops. Most dogs grow up the first year and fill out the second year. If you don't have any papers on him than you can't call him an APBT but more of a pit bull mix. He maybe a scatter bred dog consisting of American bully and APBT. He is a good looking boy regardless of him being "pure" or not :)
Thank you. :)

·
Premium Member
5,100 Posts
Do you guys think Cesar Millan's Pit Bull junior is full APBT ?
I love the way he looks awesome dog!
No. Jr. is likely an Am Bully. We have a whole section on this new breed in the Bullies 101 section. Check it out if you would like more info.

·
SCRATCHIN
1,104 Posts
He does look like a Pit Bull though rite?
The dad looks to have some american bulldog in him. but like stated above...no papers...could be pure, could be anything...

·
Registered
12 Posts
You pup is beautiful. His head will get bigger and his chest will get wider. My chocolate ambully was 65 lbs at a year and 80 lbs at 2. He did not get any taller just much thicker and his head bigger.

·
Super Moderator
11,000 Posts
What do you mean you are worried about his size? Usually you can double the weight he was at 4 months to see what his adult weight might end up around. He looks good and like others said he could be anything. Sure is handsome!

One thing even his dad doesn't look huge. Large breed food is usually for huge dogs mastiffs rotties etc. I think over 100-125lbs so you can have him
On regular food instead of large breed I would think. But if you remember his 4 mth weight you can tell for sure.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 · (Edited)
Hey everyone. I was just browsing and noticed I created this thread awhile back about Bruno my Pit. I wanted to share with everyone how he looks today at 2 years old :)
I love him to death such a big baby.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts