Go Pitbull Forums banner

How big do you think my puppy will get?

Tags
big puppy
30K views 29 replies 10 participants last post by  PitbullDiva 
#1 ·
I have been bugging my husband worrying about how Bruno will look at a year old he is 6 months now and weighs 53lbs. I recently got him Neutered on 2/3/12 and asked the vet tech if she thought his head was going to bulk out and get a little taller etc, she said she thinks he isn't so I am all worried now about his size and driving my husband insane. What do you all think about how big he will end up? I know it's hard to say but would like some feedback from fellow owners. Here is a couple of current pictures of him. Also Here is a picture of his dad, I guess he was bigger weighed about 90lbs.

Attachments

See less See more
#3 ·
He's already really big for a APBT, they're around 30-60 for the most part. There isn't really any accurate way to tell yuh, you just have to see what his genes give you. His dad looks more bully.

#19 ·
What do you mean you are worried about his size? Usually you can double the weight he was at 4 months to see what his adult weight might end up around. He looks good and like others said he could be anything. Sure is handsome!

One thing even his dad doesn't look huge. Large breed food is usually for huge dogs mastiffs rotties etc. I think over 100-125lbs so you can have him
On regular food instead of large breed I would think. But if you remember his 4 mth weight you can tell for sure.

#21 ·
Now THAT'S a happy Bully :thumbsup::doggy:

Thanks for sharing.

I'm near Phoenix as well, have you looked into taking him to OHSO Brewery/Dog bar?

(If he is ok around other dogs then OHSO is a great place to socialize. Depends on your dogs temperament though. All dogs are different so If you are worried about him in a setting around 5-30 dogs then I would advise against it. It's deemed to be a great location for my 1 year old female though...she's been going since she was 2 months old. I have, to date, not witnessed even one scuffle at the establishment. People are pretty good and respectable about whether their dog should be there or not :doggy::pup:)

#26 · (Edited)
Yep! Been there about a 100 times since Luna was little. And yep, some of the ignorant riff raff there can be frustrating. I keep a VERY close eye on Luna when we are there though...unlike most. :snow:

We are in and out when we go though....she plays with a few buddies and runs like a banchee and then we're out! I know dog parks are not ideal for our breed but honestly since I have been going to the Hayden Park (for over 2 years, I used to go with my gf's dogs) I have yet to see an actual fight.

#29 ·
hanks for the update, Bruno has grown into a handsome pup!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.