Go Pitbull Forums banner
1 - 20 of 75 Posts

·
I'm the blue dragon!
4,563 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I thought this might make a kinda fun thread. I measured Odin yesterday and he is a staggering 23" at the withers. He's around 16 months and last I weighed him he was 65lbs. He's big but he is an American Shelter Dog. ;)

So I was curious how big is your dog? Purebred? Rescue? Age? :pupruns:

·
Premium Member
11,010 Posts
Gargamel is 57 lbs, 19 inch neck and 18 inches tall at the withers. He is about 3 and a half now, my how time flies! :) He is supposed to be an AmStaff, but never got the papers so he is just a bulldog :)

Here Mel is with his big ol noggin

·
Registered
901 Posts
I would say I rescued my boy, he was left at my house for 2wks and they never returned. He turned 3 in Nov and is a whopping 86lbs, thanks to my husband feeding biscuits to him as a late night treat. He thinks I starve my boys because they get only a cup of BB 2x/day. His brother is a 8y/o 120lb Mastiff. (no small boy either, but they keep me warm at night)

·
Premium Member
11,010 Posts
I would say I rescued my boy, he was left at my house for 2wks and they never returned. He turned 3 in Nov and is a whopping 86lbs, thanks to my husband feeding biscuits to him as a late night treat. He thinks I starve my boys because they get only a cup of BB 2x/day. His brother is a 8y/o 120lb Mastiff. (no small boy either, but they keep me warm at night)
oh goodness, that's what my sister does to me! I only feed 3/4 cup 2 times a day, whenever she is over I know I don't need a over flowing 3/4 cup cause of all the biscuits she gives him lol

·
I'm the blue dragon!
4,563 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
yay, this is fun. thank u all for sharing

that's like my BF. he doesnt give him lots of treats, just lots of "dropped" food. so i try to skimp on Odin's food a lil. oh, and he has a 19" neck too. i dont know what he is but if i had to guess i think hes AmStaff with some AmBully mixed in.

·
Registered
114 Posts
My rescue girl is almost 10 months and 42 pounds. She is only about 19 inches tall which is interesting to me. Short little girl

·
Registered
22 Posts
Bentley is almost 7 months, 20", 55 lbs.

·
Premium Member
834 Posts
My 'big' girl is 20 inches and weighs 58 lbs right now (she has been in the sixties much of her life, she has bad hips and other orthopedic issues, so she is kept very light now)

Martin weighs 50 lbs, 18 inches. Rescued from Hurricane Katrina, he's just about perfect size wise for me.

Nikki is 52 pounds (though she weighed 70, no kidding, when pulled from the shelter) about 18 and 1/2 at the shoulder.

Newest rescue is 45 pounds, never measured him at the shoulder yet. He seems to be as tall as Martin, but built way different, more like a hound.

·
Silver VIP Member
1,069 Posts
Keira is 21 inches and 55 pounds :)
May be a little less than 55 now, since I am able to work her a bit more.
She's 16 months old (will be on the 1st)
She is supposedly UKC reg, but I never bothered with the papers :)

·
Premium Member
3,206 Posts
Badger is 23+ inches tall and 61ish lbs., very lean and leggy at almost 20 months old
Rooster is 20 inches tall and 52 lbs., stockier build and refuses to exit puppyhood mentally or physically at 10 months old (Badger's length really makes Rooster seem alot smaller due to legs, tail, neck, etc. all being longer) Would like to see Rooster grow an inch or two.
Both are of the purest OFRN.

·
Jr MEMBER
1,309 Posts
Dakota is a German shepherd/Labrador Retriever mix, he's 29' at the shoulder and 65lbs/

Alice is something like 19-21 area, I forgot, but she's 41lbs. Pit Bull mix.

·
I'm the blue dragon!
4,563 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
awesome sauce :D keep em coming.

Bently sounds like he's gunna be a bruiser. lol
and wow Dakota is much taller than i thought.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Definitely his daddy's son. lol I'm constantly reminded just how much of a bruiser he's going to be, and already is every night in bed, when he insists on sharing the pillow and cuddling. :p

·
Registered
67 Posts
Roman is 22" tall, 19" neck, 68lbs and just turned 9 months old and papered. He was the runt of the litter and now he's the largest of the group, even bigger then his mom and dad.

·
Registered
269 Posts
Beau is about 14ish' at the shoulders and a whopping 23 pounds he's 10 years old.
Takoda is about 20ish at the shoulders and 43 pounds at 2ish years old.
Bear is about 24-26' at the shoulders and about 110-115 pounds at 9-10 months old...he's a VERY big boy!

1 - 20 of 75 Posts