Go Pitbull Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know there are a lot of variables, but I was wondering what weight range I should be looking at as far as my pup is concerned. Tyson is a 5 and a half month old pit. He is pure bred. Unfortunately, I don't have his parents weight or height.
The reason I'm asking is I have just seen pics of his two littermate brothers and they are both bigger than him (the one os considerably larger), even though they were all around the same size at 5 weeks. I'm just wondering if there's something I'm doing wrong or if its just genetics.

Thanks ahead of time

·
SCRATCHIN
1,104 Posts
Its genetics...no worries. Short and sweet lol

You shouldnt be "doing" much with the pup other than light walks and play time, Obed and feeding and letting him rest.

Over working a pup will not stunt growth but can harm undeveloped muscle tissue and joints

·
h2o APBTs
842 Posts
sizes can vary in a litter. Just keep him a puppy.. no hard work or excessive jumping till he's 18 mos.

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ok thanks. I feel a bit better now.
And no worries, the most strenuous thing he does is play chase with my other dog.
I had no idea genetics made such a difference in the changes of dogs post birth, but I'm glad its not me

·
Registered
776 Posts
lol indie can tell you what a size difference in a litter can be . In the litter both out dogs came from , my boy is pretty lean at 77 lbs and his brother is mid 60s .. and hes the second biggest. Make sure hes getting enough food and such beside that , no worries.

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks. I think I'll maybe just increase his food for now anyways and restart the ox liver I had him on as well.
You guys are the best- thank you to all who replied.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts