Go Pitbull Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
i was just wondering if anyone has an educated guess on how big my boys might possibly get? I have a general idea, just wondering what some of u think? Duke will be 9 months in a couple of weeks and he is right at 70 lbs. now. And Chance will b 16 weeks friday, and he is almost 30 lbs. But chance is growing fast and his paws are already almost the size of Dukes. The pic of Duke is when he was only around 6 months or so. As u can see the christmas stuff in the background, and he was born on the fourth of july.
Dog Working animal Dog breed Carnivore Fawn

Picture frame Dog Ear Jaw Shelf

·
Premium Member
1,726 Posts
If you can, i think if you record their weight at the ages of 4 months then double it. Then it would round up to about how much their mature weight will be....i think that's how it works.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yea i heard that too... but at 4 months Duke was only around 30-35 lbs. and he is 70 now and i kno he isnt done growing yet. My last pit, which my dad still has, didnt stop puuting on weight and filling out till he was over a year and half. Thats why i've kinda already shot that theory down.

·
The Yard Of Many Colors
3,420 Posts
tyson was the runt of the litter and his sire weighed about 50lbs and his dam weighed about 45lbs. by the time he was 8 months old he weighed 80lbs. we never expected that. now that we have begun weightpulling he weighs about 70lbs healthy. it really hard to tell sometimes

·
OCD Bullyologist
8,663 Posts
Kangol was the runt of his litter and his dad was 52lbs and his mom 55lbs. At 2 years old he weighed in at 73lbs, in shape and conditioned. He doubled the size of both his parents and 3 brothers by the time he was 1.

·
Registered
536 Posts
I have no idea how big they will get... but oh my goodness this is one of the sweetest puppy faces I have ever seen! He's totally giving you the sad puppy-dog eyes... lol Sorry, not trying to be a threadjacker, but I can't resist this picture!!!

argh... that didn't work like I wanted it to! But I'm talking about the first picture... lol

·
Registered
24 Posts
Heard the 4 month x 2 is total works for some. Also try calculating the AVERAGE weight gain each month till 6 months. x that by 10 and subtract 5. That seems to work better for the larger side of the apbt lines.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts