Go Pitbull Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
He is currently 4 month old
Food: Purina puppy chow
I know I had to wait until he is 18 months but I would like to start learning on how to condition him and buff him up I also have a female that is roughly 1 year old already
What kind of food should I give him when he gets older and what exercise should I make him do. The little pup is mine the other one is just for attention

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,905 Posts
As you've stated, he's way too young to be doing any sort of conditioning, or even moderate exercise. Let him grow up, stop worrying about it. He will fill out and tone up as he grows, and you can adjust exercise as he gets older.

For now, you can at least get him onto a better food. Purina is basically the equivalent of McDonald's.

·
Premium Member
1,905 Posts
Check out Dog Food Reviews and Ratings | Dog Food Advisor

Aim for a food that is 4-5 stars. Try to avoid wheat, corn and soy as they are cheap fillers and common allergens.

Personally, I feed Acana and love it. Both Acana & Orijen are pretty much the best you can get, made by the same company. They are expensive, but you will feed much less than you would a cheaper food with lots of fillers.

·
Premium Member
1,905 Posts
Either Acana or Orijen are great brands. All of their formulas are 5 stars, I believe. I would go with Acana Puppy since your dog is obviously still growing.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts