Go Pitbull Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
I am so angry that idiot people can go ahead and assume my dog, because of her breed and some bull they saw on CNN is an "aggressive breed" i can't take my family dog with me and move because no one will let me in their rental home with her. Best dog i have ever owned and is one of my children same as any other breed of FAMILY DOG!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Proud CGC Parent
1,782 Posts
I've heard some pit bull owners have been allowed to keep their dogs because they have their CGC or do sports with the dog and title it. Makes landlords feel better to see that you're doing something with your dog. But that's never a guarantee.

·
Premium Member
300 Posts
IMO the best way for these people to get the true story is to actually meet her. I was worried about the same thing when I moved down here because all of the apartments I was looking at had "breed restrictions". But once the staff at the apartments I'm at now met Lina and saw how sweet she is, there was no problems.

Hopefully that's an option in your situation. I wish you the best!

·
English Dogge Yard
3,441 Posts
Well for one these dogs are not like any other dog, for many reasons but one of the most important ones is due to the bans and other legal requirements to own these dogs in any given area. Owning one of these dogs you have to accept the current state for what it is.. Either play legally or risk it all.

Do you have papers with your dog or know exactly what went into your dog or did you adopt? If you don't know 100% you can always list your dog as a mix because if you adopted in any form you won't know without a doubt what may be in the dogs genetics to begin with. If you do have an APBT than the best thing you can do is take him/her with you while looking at places so they can see first hand what little threat there is, or lack thereof.. A CGC title can also go a long way and benefit you in the end but everyone has their own thoughts or mind set so it may not impress everyone.

·
K9 Pshrynk & Conciliare~
6,363 Posts
HINT HINT if you dont have papers your dog is a mutt.. call it a bandog .. or heinz 57 LOL

take your dog to meet every rental office managment or landlord, let them decide for themselves. :pup:

best of wishes~

·
Premium Member
379 Posts
Always lie!!!! Common people are so clueless about the breed that they have no idea. If the ears aren't cropped, you are really gonna make it work. I always used lab / boxer mix on everything I've owned. If your dog is really well behaved, take him with you and then still call him a mix or heinz 57. Let your dog sell himself.

·
English Dogge Yard
3,441 Posts
Always lie!!!! Common people are so clueless about the breed that they have no idea. If the ears aren't cropped, you are really gonna make it work. I always used lab / boxer mix on everything I've owned. If your dog is really well behaved, take him with you and then still call him a mix or heinz 57. Let your dog sell himself.
Yeah and the second that lie is discovered say goodbye to your place.. I wouldn't recommend doing this, one slip up on your behalf its game over.

·
English Dogge Yard
3,441 Posts
HINT HINT if you dont have papers your dog is a mutt.. call it a bandog .. or heinz 57 LOL

take your dog to meet every rental office managment or landlord, let them decide for themselves. :pup:

best of wishes~
:goodpost: Exactly! An unknown dog is an unknown dog.

·
Super Moderator
11,000 Posts
I agree about letting your pup sell itself. Can you get current neighbors to recommend or a letter about you and the pup say he is a quiet, good dog? Also look into getting insurance out on him, that way if they have a problem thinking their home owners insurance would not allow it. Doesn't cost that much for a 50k or 100k policy on your dog, just to ease peoples mind even more. Good luck. I don't look forward to this

·
Registered
901 Posts
My vet registered Beastley as a Boxer mix because I didn't have papers on him. He said this would help with rental and BSL. We couldn't prove exactly what he was so that is why he registered him as that. The landlord came to my house and met my dogs prior to allowing me to move in. When we moved we had 3 dogs and he fell in love with all of them because they were so well mannered. He even took the time to reinforce the fencing around his property for our dogs. Good luck.

·
K9 Pshrynk & Conciliare~
6,363 Posts
My vet registered Beastley as a Boxer mix because I didn't have papers on him. He said this would help with rental and BSL. We couldn't prove exactly what he was so that is why he registered him as that. The landlord came to my house and met my dogs prior to allowing me to move in. When we moved we had 3 dogs and he fell in love with all of them because they were so well mannered. He even took the time to reinforce the fencing around his property for our dogs. Good luck.
Yes this is helpful ... until a guy like me comes along and is like that aint no boxer thats a game bred bulldog :) LOL just foolin.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts