Go Pitbull Dog Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A couple a days ago I had did discussion with a woman claiming that people should be more tolerant towards dogs that are not under control...she told me that the dog may be a youngster, and that we all make mistakes...

I'm not really tolerant towards others, because if the other dog is not friendly, and my dogs defend themselves I'll probably still be the one who is blamed in the media if something happens....and I'd rather take no chances...you know...better safe than sorry...

Well...she kept on saying that people should be more tolerant...untill today...

Another woman started a thread and told about her experience with a loose American bulldog...the bulldog came running, but stopped when she yelled stop....nothing happened to the other dog...

The first woman I told about is now in the thread acting all offended, just because the dog in this case was a muscular dog...:hammer:...claiming that people who own bulldogs are all bald muscular men with criminal records...

This made me laugh, but actually this is what I sometimes experience in real life: If I walk my dogs in the park(on a leash), people will threaten me, telling me that they will call the police....but labradors and golden retrievers are allowed to run free, barking at runners, knocking over kids and so on...

How come people be like that, and how is it in the US?(guess it depends on the state, but generally?)

·
Registered
1,136 Posts
Well mine are usually on leash... In Cali everyone told me my dogs Lacey and moose were beautiful. In washington it was a pretty evenly split reaction- they loved em or feared em. Now that I'm in Montana it looks like I've got my work cut out for me... Started with my whole family and now they love em. One of my best froends here georges sister and wants to trade me for one of mine lol guess that's a compliment to me... Took George to a store one of my friends family owns this last week. He hasn't seen him since George was 2 months old so obviously he's about 55 pounds heavier and over a foot taller... He kept sayin it was so weird that he was so big and scary lookin but he was so friendly. Lol. His wife said the same thing when she came over last week. One at a time ;)

·
Registered
81 Posts
I have a theory that just being a "pit bull" means Pinkie has to be the best behaved dog on the block, and she is (by a long shot). I get the whole gambit of questions.
Them "What are you a drug dealer?"
Me "NO actually I am an alarm/CCTV technician vetted to work in 5 different federal pens."
OR them "Do you fight your dog? She has scars on her face!"
Me "No I don't. It's only one scar and I'm told she was kicked by a horse @ her first home."
Them " Aren't you afraid for your kids when she turns?
Me "No she just gets dizzy when she turns."

But there are many more people who either love Pinkie, or are amazed at how well behaved she is. I get calls to come hang out at the hunting club down the road from my house, and everybody was disappointed when I showed up with no Pinkie. (She was a little limpy with her hip issues.) I was told to go home and get her she could lay in the back of one guys pickup, with a mattress in it. So I did now I know I am not as cool as I thought, but Pinkie is.

·
Registered
1,136 Posts
Lol. That's great. They call you to hang put with ur pooch ;) and yeah I feel that because of the breed mine need to be beyond obedient. Sometimes I get frustrated with george's puppy energy because I want him to be perfect... Lol. All in time...

·
my crazy little mutt pack
3,272 Posts
no pits are a pretty dirsable breed here i am realizing. Every time i bring Cheza to the flea market i get people loving all over here and offering to buy her lol, most unless they are scared of them love her at the petstore. so all and all i get a pretty postive feeback from people but i like others above to alot of ob with my dogs so people are in awe of how well behaved she is not scared of that barking lunging aggressive "pitbull".

·
Registered
100 Posts
This is why I love the breed .the original underdog .I love their smaller size combined with there amazing strength.and can be the best family dog ever super loyal a bit protective and all of my Pitts are awesome with kids.close minded people will never know what there missing.my dogs attitude is just like mine love me respect me and I will do the same but at the same time disrespect me and its a different story.I just love pitbulls!

·
Banned
3,357 Posts
I got asked what I did, a lot. Cause I had a few pits come in and out of my house.
I also get asked to breed my dogs a lot (they're fixed)
I have so many people shocked,when they find out beia is pit,cause she;s so cute.
LOL. And people are so shocked at how friendly Bruno is.
I tell them straight up,he loves people,but is selective with other dogs,and that it's typical pit behavior.
I'm hoping to have people here realize,just cause Bruno hates other dogs,doesn;t mean he hates people.
My apt. manager loves him,and defends him whenever someone new moves in,and complains about the "vicious pit bull" lol
When I first moved in,ppl complained about Bruno everyday,for barking viciously out the window,when in fact it was my pug mix momo. LOL.
You just couldn't see her,and you could See Bruno(who never barks) yet they were first to blame the pit.
I have no issues anymore,cause everyone here knows how friendly Bruno is.

·
Premium Member
867 Posts
I have had sooo many reactions over the years. I have always been upfront and truthful when asked the breed of dog I have, even if I can tell its going to be a bad reaction..lol I still remember carrying one of my pups around a flea market, having a little girl come up and bending down so she could pet the puppy. When her mom came up, started petting the puppy, ask what kind it was, then immediately took both their hands away and left...I think she thought that puppy was going to go nuts and bite a finger off..lmao

I've gotten so I pick my battles these days. If they have a bad reaction I usually just give the "they are the best dogs I've ever owned, and I have a beagle as a guard dog" and leave it at that...lol Talk about weird looks.. I know they are just thinking..what the heck is a beagle gonna do that a pit bull won't?? lmao

·
Silver VIP Member
2,261 Posts
i've never had A bad pit bull.had to kelp others put their bad dogs down though.
and had some re-acquires over the years some got dirt napped,some went to other homes.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts