Go Pitbull Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My King is about 8 mouths and a lot of people ask is he fully grown. So a question for the room when or what age would they stop their growth. This is not with a working out plan.

·
Premium Member
9,147 Posts
Upwards I would say he is done growing or close to it, but they can fill out for another 1-2 years. So you will probably start to see him getting thicker and more mature looking even in the next few months here. I noticed alot of mine kinda bloom after the year mark, Luna was a late bloomer and didnt start to pop until closer to 2 years.

·
Proud CGC Parent
1,782 Posts
Like angel said, he probably won't grow much more up, but he's still got some filling out to do. ... I think Kane stopped noticeably growing up around the 8-9 month mark. Kane didn't start filling out, chest dropping, muscles growing, until he was a year or so. I'm still waiting to see if his head will get any bigger or if the wrinkling around his lower jaw and neck is a sign of his BYBing. He's two, btw.

Also every dog is different in how they grow and fill out.

·
Registered
816 Posts
very interesting. my boy is 7 months 51lbs , he seems tall and lanky although thletic looking not skinny. but he always looks smallish to me possibly because i still look at him like my lil baby and hes still a tiny pup in my eyes....idk lol

kane..... my dogs lower jaw is also wrinkled and i thought i bought a top notch dog with a decent pedigree and pure bloodlines.....but who knows right? doesnt really matter because there isnt one dog on earth that would be more perfect than him....i am just always curious to learn roots and origins , ...beautiful dogs them all....and most kind animals ever....so full of devotion to us....how can we do anything but cherish them.

and with that said im taking mine to work ....haha pitbull in an office ftw lol

·
Proud CGC Parent
1,782 Posts
Well, your dog is still a puppy. Wrinkles, to a certain extent, are okay for him. Kane is two years and, depending on his genetics, is either already mature or going to be in the next year if he's a late bloomer. Time will tell.

At 7 months, btw, I thought Kane was very lanky and tall as well. But it's just the gangly puppy stage. :) Kane isn't a big dog, 50lbs and lean.

·
Premium Member
9,147 Posts
I've heard 3 is when they hit there full potential
Ya thats what I heard too and I have seen a change in my boy from 2 years to 3 years. so I think thats a pretty fair statement.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts