Go Pitbull Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
as above,how do you know what point to go to do you work them till they are panting hard??

i take mine out for around 1 hr play fetch and walk around 2 or 3 miles in woods.

sometimes i have her running up hills for sticks witch realy gets her working hard.

so how much is enough??what do you guys do?

·
Premium Member
9,147 Posts
I just wait for them to tell me its enough. Mine will all lay down or they go get the ball when playing fetch and dont bring it back lol. I can usually tell by there body language and how fast they are going after the ball and bringing it back you see the energy dying off lol.

·
Premium Member
740 Posts
look for don mayfield and his conditioning instructions. really research first, to much is real bad

·
Super Moderator
11,000 Posts
Agree with Angel, I can tell if he starts slowing or gets the ball and drops it there to take a break or misses a step if we are chasing the laser light. The key is they pant to cool themselves down, so in the winter they don't get as hot as fast even if they are working just as hard. Of course they will pant, but you cant go by that. If not Mel would not exercise at all in the summer, he pants as soon as he steps out the door lol

·
Kelevra
1,733 Posts
to get serious about the answer to your question, you need to look for heartrate, temperature, or saliva amount... any can show the signs of when you NEED to stop working, depending on the exercise and climate.

If you know about muscle exercise, you could change the work within periods of time to allow proper rest and rebuild time. A proper diet will help with the rebullding of their lungs and muscles.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
ok thanks people yeah mine goes for the ball but dosent bring it back lol so thats a good sign also the saliva thing once a slight bit of white saliva builds up in coners of her mouth i then stop it and give her some water.and also she lays down with sticks when shes had enough of sprinting for them.

thanks again for respnce i will look into don mayfeild too thanks:)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts