Go Pitbull Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Take no prisoners
554 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I figured I would post up how I conditioned Diesel because I know a few of you are curious.

FOOD: I feed him EVO turkey and chicken

SUPPLEMENTS: I supplemented with Braggs ACV, salmon and fish oil (rotated every week) and K9 Super Fuel.

TIME: As far as what I did we worked for 1.5 months. I would give him one or two rest days a week depending on his performance and we worked for an hour and a half a day. Each work out was followed with a 15 minute hand walk to cool him down and a rub down to loosen up his muscles. He was fed a half hour after working out and got his super fuel to help with recovery time.

WORK: As for the type of work outs we include: running with the bike, incline e-mill, swimming, flirt pole, spring pole, hand walking, hand walking while dragging a 3.5lb chain & spring pole.

Here is an example of one days workout: bike ride with dog running next to it for 1hr 20mins followed by 10 mins of flirt pole 15 minute cool down hand walk rub down then food and supplement.

62lbs

58lbs

·
GP's Dr. Phil
3,732 Posts
Good job with him. I picking up a bike hopefully this weekend. The dogs and I will benefit lol.

·
Jr MEMBER
1,309 Posts
Nice, I really would like to start biking more but the loose dogs in my neighborhood hinder us a lot. We have tried every possible route, everyone has loose dogs.

I'm just waiting for the local park trail to become unflooded so we can bike out there.
Hopefully we'll get in better shape this year than last, it's harder to tell with my boy unless you see him in person to feel his muscle. He's a German Shepherd/Labrador Retriever mix so that hair hides a lot.

Do you happen to have direct links to the supplements you used? I couldn't find the Braggs salmon and fish oil.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Wow what a change he looking GOOD! Thanks for sharing

·
Banned
3,721 Posts
an hour and 20 minute bike ride? lol I can't even do that my self that's a lot lol

·
Registered
35 Posts
You're dog looks great. I can't wait to be able to condition my pup, he's got the same name and similar markings lol. How old should he be before I start , he's 13 weeks now and I just have him hand walking super light like 10 -15 min and flirt pole all the time, he pulls it off the wall when I'm not playing with him lol. I also have him on blue buffalo puppy and braggs acv, and alternating between fish and flax seed oil. This is all fine for him at a young age right ? I'm not working him its more him playing than work lol. I also had a weight sled made at my job (carpentry shop ) that I'll use around 7-10 months. Sorry if I'm thread jacking just wanted some input and you know you're stuff.

·
Take no prisoners
554 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Do you happen to have direct links to the supplements you used? I couldn't find the Braggs salmon and fish oil.
Here is the Super Fuel: K9 Super Fuel for Dogs

Braggs ACV: Bragg Live Foods, Bragg Apple Cider Vinegar, Bragg Liquid Aminos,Systemic Enzymes, Bragg Live Organic Food Products, Patricia Bragg, Paul Bragg, Bragg Organic Olive Oil, Bragg Salad Dressings, Bragg Seasonings, Bragg Health Products

and the fish and salmon oil I bought from the store, it is the human grade pill form.

·
Forum Manager
4,908 Posts
wow, thats a big turn around in a short amount of time.
it just goes to show people that you dont need 6 months to condition your dog.
although, you might need more time to build the dogs wind up. but as far as performance wise and muscle tone wise you did a great job.
love the collar ;)

·
Forum Manager
4,908 Posts
an hour and 20 minute bike ride? lol I can't even do that my self that's a lot lol
me either. thats why i dont jog with nismo anymore. i take like 10 steps and pass out... so sad lol

·
Take no prisoners
554 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
wow, thats a big turn around in a short amount of time.
it just goes to show people that you dont need 6 months to condition your dog.
although, you might need more time to build the dogs wind up. but as far as performance wise and muscle tone wise you did a great job.
love the collar ;)
Yeah we are still working at the wind but so far a great improvement. Eventually I want to be able to go to the pet store from my house and back without Diesel getting too tired on the bike. The pet store is about 2 miles one way.

I love the collar too! Thank you for making it, it is amazing.

·
Forum Manager
4,908 Posts
Yeah we are still working at the wind but so far a great improvement. Eventually I want to be able to go to the pet store from my house and back without Diesel getting too tired on the bike. The pet store is about 2 miles one way.

I love the collar too! Thank you for making it, it is amazing.
you were the first to order one, it was a pleasure working with you.
sorry for thread jacking... back to you.. lol.
your doing great, its a big turn around. just keep up'ing the the amount of work and variety of work through out the days of the weeks and you will build wind at a good pase

·
Forum Manager
4,908 Posts
and BTW how do you like that supplement? and about on average does it cost? jw. im looking into supplements for Lowla. i've heard great things about bully max. but i havent looked into them too much. i imagine bully max is going to be different from the stuff you use since its formulated for bully's. but i need to look more into it.

·
Take no prisoners
554 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
and BTW how do you like that supplement? and about on average does it cost? jw. im looking into supplements for Lowla. i've heard great things about bully max. but i havent looked into them too much. i imagine bully max is going to be different from the stuff you use since its formulated for bully's. but i need to look more into it.
I absolutely loved the supplement. Diesel was able to work harder for longer and when I stopped to let him catch his breath he was fine within 5 mins vs. the 15 mins that we were at without it. He did not cramp up during or after workouts. What are you looking for as far as a supplement I am going to be buying some Go Dog here soon since its starting to get hot out.

·
Forum Manager
4,908 Posts
I absolutely loved the supplement. Diesel was able to work harder for longer and when I stopped to let him catch his breath he was fine within 5 mins vs. the 15 mins that we were at without it. He did not cramp up during or after workouts. What are you looking for as far as a supplement I am going to be buying some Go Dog here soon since its starting to get hot out.
well since Lowla is bully, im looking for something to thicken her up a lil bit.
whats go dog?

·
Take no prisoners
554 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
well since Lowla is bully, im looking for something to thicken her up a lil bit.
whats go dog?
Here is the link for Go Dog. K9 Go Dog by Animal Naturals

I would recommend it to anybody that is going to be showing or working their dog in hot weather for extended periods of time. I have not used it yet but heard awesome things about it so far.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts