Go Pitbull Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,143 Posts
I've given pets many random nicknames which change and morph over the years but never changed their given names. For example, my older dog, Loki, responds to "bulldog" or "old timer" while Lucy will respond to "girlfriend" (but you have to say it with sass, lol.)

I say if she responds to it, go for it but maybe keep the name the same on official documents, like vet records. That's my $.02.

·
Premium Member
2,919 Posts
I've given pets many random nicknames which change and morph over the years but never changed their given names. For example, my older dog, Loki, responds to "bulldog" or "old timer" while Lucy will respond to "girlfriend" (but you have to say it with sass, lol.)

I say if she responds to it, go for it but maybe keep the name the same on official documents, like vet records. That's my $.02.
Yep. This is what i.do. cain responds to buh, bubba, grandpa. Ammo we call momo, shit head, and wittle baby(that's his favorite lol) sheba will respond to bitch lol. My dad has changed names on some of his dogs when theyre still young, but as they get older he wont.

Sent from Petguide.com Free App

·
Registered
340 Posts
Haha me 3! It's all about the delivery :)

My Luna responds to LuLu, Misses Cheese, Misses Cheddar and my favorite....Pumpkin Head. I know, not very flattering. It's the lady friends fault :eek: She'd have a frickin tiara on her If I'd allow it:(

·
Diggin' Deep
5,221 Posts
Haha Lucius has two nick names..one is "Brown dog" and I usually actually call him "Loosh" :p
Pyra actually doesn't have any nicknames!
And Tandie's nickname is Tandie-Bandie lol

·
Premium Member
11,110 Posts
Yeah I'm all over nicknames I think your pup will be cool lol Gargamel is Gargamel when training or in trouble but usually he is just Mel. Or big head. Or piggy. Or bubs. Bubs is one I use all the time lol.

Sent from Petguide.com App so please excuses the typos

·
Registered
32 Posts
I renamed my pup whenever I got him. My friend who raised him till 6 weeks old named him Bueford. I renamed him to Kratos.

You could always just use Gypsy as a nickname. Using the name she knows and then use Gypsy at the end, and eventually use just Gypsy. She'll figure it out!

·
<(-.-)> N00B
350 Posts
Yeah I'm not going to talk nicknames Lol you don't wanna know what I cally dogs. Esp when I'm angered by something they did.

I guess the only appropriate nickname is Snow's. I call her diva dawg. Because she only gets up in the afternoon. Will pitch a fit if she doesn't get her way and loves to bark all night.

·
Registered
200 Posts
I have only changed my dog's official name once, but they all have nicknames.
Solstice is usually So, or Girly Dog.
Maggie Mae is usually Maggers, or block head (depends on the day).
My new guy is Bizmark, otherwise known as Da Bizness, or Meatball.
The late, great Buster the Awesomesauce Dog was usually called B-Man.

The dog whose name I did change was a brittany spaniel that the shelter had named Kevin. It really did not fit him. His name became Finnegan.

·
Premium Member
360 Posts
My rescue Lilikoi was named blueberry by the animal shelter. She didn't respond to blueberry so I tried blue to make it easier. No luck. One day I told her she was sweet and sour like Lilikoi and I had her attention. I started to call her both Lily for short and Lilikoi and she slowly started to respond. She never responded to blue or blueberry though. For a whole month I tried and it never stuck to her lol. Now she is Lily. :)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.