Go Pitbull Forums banner

1 - 20 of 127 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
You see a lot of people posting about there bloodlines on there dogs how many know if they have a line bred peds and how many know if they have a scatter bred peds

·
Super Moderator
4,580 Posts
I know the difference between line bred and scatter bred from what I have learned on this forum. My dog has no ped so it doesn't matter to me. I'm just watching and learning from everyone else so maybe one day I can use what I have learned.

Reactions: ames

·
Work them Pet Bulls!
3,940 Posts
I've researched my girls and can read hers. I have hers up on bully pedia my bitch is scatter bred bully and staff but lots of great dogs in her ped. What do you need help with? If you post it up we can help you.

·
Registered
691 Posts
honestly, since my girl has like half of hers that aren't on the bully pedia, I honestly don't know how to read it or get anything from it.... which sucks, but if you have a decent ped, it should be easy to read.

·
Premium Member
740 Posts
you mean the % of a stud dog in a ped? i usually have to look up the math formula, sometimes i cheat and use a ped program or website.

i guess im just confused by what you mean. like male on top female on bottom,% of bloodline in dog or what?

·
Premium Member
740 Posts
i wont post my dogs ped but its easy to see the various studs they used, the repeat breedings(which i love, means the breeding really clicked and was good enough to do again,usually).

a lot of people call my dog a jeep dog which, imo, shes not. has a higher % of crenshaw's gator than jeep but thats really splitting hairs so what ever

·
Registered
691 Posts
If I could get a good read on Kandi's ped I would be in heaven. Unfortunately, the dams on both sire and dam side are almost all unlisted, so it is very hard to judge what is there. From the sire's sire and the dam's sire I see all R.E and Grey line/ Gotti

Bleh. Makes me head spin thinking of it. LOL

·
Super Moderator
11,000 Posts
Scatterbreed just means that the lines cross AmStaff, APBT, etc. That they are all over the place, correct? not just one breed but could be a few?

·
Premium Member
3,058 Posts
Scatter need means coming from a few different lines. With out to many common ancestors up close.

·
Registered
780 Posts
peds arent hard to read all all,recognizing the names and knowing where they came from is the hardest part ,all our dogs are bred differently.Loki = scatterbred everything from lar san to watchdog.Luna=inbred edge/greyline/watchdog Pep almost pure edge.Cali is50/50 edge gotty.Zeke is Greyline(some would say gotty) GK and a lil bit of edge and crush is pure edge (maybee 2% Monster G)

·
Super Moderator
11,000 Posts

·
Pits Are For Chicks
16,246 Posts
I know :D............I have a lot of peds to read.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Topic

If you have a ped reading like say Tab Jr as the base or specific dog in the pedigree this is a Jeep/Redboy cross with Eli and carver blood through Honey bunch (though people claim that isn't her true pedigree). The three triangle cross. This bred back into Jeep, Eli, or Red Boy blood is line breeding off that specific line. Now Having Red Boy/Jocko/Jeep/eli blood..this is scatter breeding.

·
K9 Pshrynk & Conciliare~
6,363 Posts
If you have no common ancestors in a 4-5 its scattered by most peoples standards... however if all the dogs in the 4th are of not direct relation but the back 4 are all the same family of dogs then IMO your dog is of that family not just that one dog but what is made of is what has split and shared its exact genetic makeup.

However most all game dogs come from the same source with different traits purified by different dog men. Of course we all know Carver rung many peds back in the day to hide a formula of E Crenshaw breeding he used exclusively... back on track ..
Redboy has many of the same make up of heavy colby/nebbletts with the corvino williams (tudors) out, Red Devil has corvino bred dogs on top (there is a scatterbred dog in there) Chief Boson but NOT REALLY as they pulled all the blood of Fly of Panama a pure colby dog, all together. ...

So for some Redboy could easily be an old family dog producing old family red noses.. However only a few good breeders or eyes of pedigree can spot this.

If a dog is inbred and pure this or that and has sired a strain of dogs that strain of dogs known such as Crenshaw Gator (jeep and redboy) essentially its a game colby dog JMO but the strains have been kept so tight that its easily discovered. .. Your dog is a product of the immediate 4 gen behind it. That 4th gen is made up of the 4 behind it.. So to know what you really have and how its gonna work with what its very important to remember a dogs 7 gen not just the 4 gen. Unless your an enthusiast and pedigree means nothing as long the dog can compete, pick your venue, in that case breeding and pedigree mean nothing to you essentially.

If your dog is 7/8 redboy and 1/8 Jeep or 7/8 Jeep and 1/8 redboy .. what is your dog really? I see pure colby behind redboy (old family stuff) As in Jeep all that loposay on top is pure colby. On bottom you got pure boudreaux founded from Blind Billy a pure Gimp bred dog. On top of Carvers Old family stuff.. .. so even though a strain is named after a dog often times its unfair to the genetics itself. Because how many dog men got their stuff from the same place? They just line bred down from what they got... Blind billy is essentially a corvino dog. Foundation to the boudreaux strain without deviating. So .. Jeep was an old family dog as well. So technically if your dog is pure jeep or pure redboy or redboy jeep with no tainted blood then they essentially are old family. .. redboy even more so IMO could even be OFRN; which would be why you see the redboy cross in modern (norrod) stuff I presume.

Now to clear things up if your dog is 7/8 redboy all double stacked, its still colby blood moving forward.. does that make sense? Cause redboy is pure colby. and is what a double bred Teals Sarge dog with williams/corvino out.

Im a breeder by Strattons definition as I see the make up of all dogs and the formulas so to speak where what came from and how, as Mr. Hammonds said often many times people over look the make up of their pedigree taking a name and just running with it.

So I have a litter coming up that I call scattered..

Halls,(topside) garner/sorrells, Lonzo(bottomside) X Hammonds (topside), Henizl bottom... all the strains are pure back to source except for the garner/sorrells that are twisted together.
What is that source?
well its pure boudreaux purified by Bobby Hall, on top of snooty and all the sorrells goodies, with a 1/4 pure shot of Lonzo all the way back. .. the female is Alligator by way of park son and plumber bred dogs with garners snooty blood and Halls/Boudreaux Billy/Bully"son" stuff as an out. her other half is pure Heinzl ****** millie stuff. So if you know your dogs you can see what I've done by way of "scatter"

When I think of scatter bred dogs I think of dogs like this:ONLINE PEDIGREES :: [120013] :: BLKCHEF'S SHINE
7 gen is made up of. 7gen is 256 ancestors so the devil is in the details ;)

If like this dog ^^^ you have that has spots of an empty ped, that means his/her history is considered UNKNOWN BUT PURE (we like to hope this is honest)

·
Diggin' Deep
5,194 Posts
Wow Firehazzard! That is a lot for me to take in! Had to read it like 4 times! :p I hope to one day be able to read them like you! Haha!

Awesome stuff and really fascinating!

Reactions: Firehazard

·
K9 Pshrynk & Conciliare~
6,363 Posts
Thanks alot for the props.. You know Im still green, I always feel like I've missed something of forgot to cover this or that... learn to teach; teach to learn ;) You'll get it down its like a puzzle or connect the dots kinda especially when you've learned and memorized the blocks of most dogs. While studying horses long ago I stumbled around and done some math and figured a line that is made up of stud A is 37.5% and say he comes from stud B and is 75% stud B. That just shows that 37.5% stud A is primarily stud B even if on the pedigree of stud A there is there is only 6.25% stud B in the line or offspring of stud A by way of pedigree there is a good deal more blood from stud B than is being shown because stud A is 75% stud B. So if linebred and inbred your not crossing out but purifying that genetic make up or "blood" as its so often called and are not losing but purifying the blood behind stud B through stud A. Which is why Crenshaws Gator is considered a Jeep breeding in most cases even though he's Jeep and redboy do you see Crenshaws Gator in heavy Redboy breeding? Do you see Gator in heavy Jeep bred dogs? So they used gator to keep purifying Jeep. Thus the generalization you have jeep dog as Gator was something like 3 times jeep with Tab on top (redboy X) and double bred Jeep on bottom with an out using Honeybunch (jeeps mom) X Tudors Jeff stuff with the mayfield out while lining up trahan(old family). Which is why gator is red with a red nose when you look at all his building blocks he himself could easily be bred into an OFRN strain himself IMO but of all the routes that could be taken, it was used to purify that jeep into a strain of jeep dogs.

I often joke that Redboy, Jeep, Buck dogs are SFRN Southern Family Red Nosed ;)

·
Premium Member
3,058 Posts
Reading this. I picture a freind of mine we have had this same talk about.my lil turtke buster red boy bitch. He runs simular dogs because he like them to be as close to nibblett colby dogs as you can fine today. but yes sir most peoe will not look at the big picture lile this because they only desire traits and that come.from.up close. Great read stan.

1 - 20 of 127 Posts