Go Pitbull Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A question how many of you weight pull with a game bred dog vs the ones that get there dogs for a weight pulling bloodline

·
Premium Member
867 Posts
I have game type dogs from some older lines... I have always been active in ADBA confirmation but within the last year or so I've started looking into weight pull... I started pull my GR CH bitch, we are still working at it and she is a bit stubborn...
ONLINE PEDIGREES :: [267774] :: OSBOND'S JEWELS

Her brother on the other hand is 13 points from ACE and he didn't even start pulling til he was like 5 years old... ONLINE PEDIGREES :: [297138] :: OSBOND'S OZZY

We have a few young dogs that we plan on working with and seeing what they can do.. My issue isn't that the dogs can't do it, its more that I don't know what I'm doing..lmao

·
Premium Member
867 Posts
BTW I also have a young dog that is off weight pull parents that I'm working with. But it is a very small dog, like low 30s not the bigger weights, and he does have some older lines in him, I'd tell you but I don't have his pedigree..lol

·
Registered
776 Posts
i have a both a game bred and a show bred dog and the show dog has been pullin for a while but i recently started training my game bred boy to pull and the traiing has been smooth as silk. Ha has been way easier to train than my show boy .. only in pulling tho lol .. every other thing i have done has been much easier with my show dog ( a show line that works as well )

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have game type dogs from some older lines... I have always been active in ADBA confirmation but within the last year or so I've started looking into weight pull... I started pull my GR CH bitch, we are still working at it and she is a bit stubborn...
ONLINE PEDIGREES :: [267774] :: OSBOND'S JEWELS

Her brother on the other hand is 13 points from ACE and he didn't even start pulling til he was like 5 years old... ONLINE PEDIGREES :: [297138] :: OSBOND'S OZZY

We have a few young dogs that we plan on working with and seeing what they can do.. My issue isn't that the dogs can't do it, its more that I don't know what I'm doing..lmao
Really nice peds

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I was told i was wrong for weight pulling my female cause she was game bred and that i should have got a pup from a weight pulling kennel

·
Premium Member
867 Posts
I dont agree with that, I firmly believe my dogs.can and will do anything. Ive had the same lines for many years, and wouldnt have it any other way! I do have to be extremely vigilant on the dog aggression in the,weight pull area..i just have started weighting til the other dog is out of the track area and am very careful in the holding area as well.

·
Registered
776 Posts
most time , it depends on the individual dog.. if they are great or not but almost all can pull ... no if your looking to compete at the highest levels there may be some wisdom in gettin a dog from a proven pulling kennel . Just make sure she is sound enough for the sport .. quality health testing

·
Pits Are For Chicks
16,246 Posts
I would ask that person what a weight pull line is?? There are breeders who use many lines for WP, they are not limited to any specific lines.

·
Kelevra
1,733 Posts
its definately the dog, not the line.. sure, if you have bred for traits specific to the task you desire there are SOMETIMES benefits.. But smarts, skill, and drive will win shows.. Im not pulling with the big boys yet but we'll see :)

·
Registered
420 Posts
I agree with Lady Rampage... I have started my male Domino and he did ok his 1st show but he is almost 2 and fully on & dog aggressive so I have to be very careful with him... His 1st test will be in the upcoming NJ show... he will be also doing conformation of course...

·
K9 Pshrynk & Conciliare~
6,363 Posts
Hooch wouldn't pull for anything but another dog.. that was his bait. Hahaha .. So thus, he never pulled anything but my Scottsdale 1500 50yds this way and that, with a dog posted up at the end.. I was told he was too much for a public event .. I too agree with Lady Rampage

·
Premium Member
3,058 Posts
I pull my lil bulldog Ready,and have just started to work Meaty in this sport so soon I will be pulling a couple of well bred bulldogs. They seem to do fine and have a great capacity for the sport just as good as any pulling dogs have seen.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts