Go Pitbull Forums banner
21 - 40 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
306 Posts
i do not agree with the double at 4 months deal.if thats the case half the dogs on this web site would be 20-30 pounds lighter than what they are at full growen.my atty would have stoped growing 4 months ago.there is no formula for weight config.just look at the parents
I was always told to take the weight they are gaining per month up to around 6 months, then multiply by 10. That's why I said your puppy would be at least 90, because at 6 months, he was gaining 10 pounds a month. That should be 100, but ours have always come out 5 or so pounds lighter than that, but it is usually a pretty close measurement.

·
Registered
72 Posts
ya i dont know when he is going to slow.that is the real question.but weight is only as good as he looks.hopefully he carries is well

·
Registered
283 Posts
weight is the least of my concerns at 9 weeks.
I second that! The animal will become what it's genetics dictate, just sit back and let it happen. Don't try to pack on weight while puppy is still developing. condition him once he's fully grown.
Question out of my curiousity is, why are you looking to get a 100lb animal out of a dog that to standard should be no more than 65lbs, wouldn't a bandogge, corso, mastiff etc. be a more fitting breed to be that size?(if size is what you're after of course)

·
Registered
11,428 Posts
Mine were all fat I don't remember their weight. As they got older they started to slim out. Puppy weight is puppy weight. Puppies should have some fat on them.

·
Registered
72 Posts
didt really want a 100 pound dog.untill i saw his daddy carry 91 pounds and it looks so impressive.i could care less if its not the standard.the standard 65 pounds is like debating the chicken and the egg.its called evolution.as the years go on humans get faster ,stronger and bigger.why wouldnt dogs???????

·
Registered
1,122 Posts
I don't care about the weight that my pup is but I love hearing all the different weights on all the pups on here, it is kinda fun to know if that even makes sense at all. So this past Saturday Feb. 21st, Faith just turned 9 weeks old and she weighed in at 11.4 lbs. A week before that at 8 weeks old she was 9 lbs even. I just love tracking the weight to watch them grow. It is like the same for me with my 18 month old daughter. We keep record of her height and weight. It is sooo much fun to look back on. :)

·
Registered
771 Posts
9 weeks, my dog was atleast 35lbs.

4 months he was 57lbs

adult 130lbs

families old
bullmastiff

·
Registered
2,445 Posts
didt really want a 100 pound dog.untill i saw his daddy carry 91 pounds and it looks so impressive.i could care less if its not the standard.the standard 65 pounds is like debating the chicken and the egg.its called evolution.as the years go on humans get faster ,stronger and bigger.why wouldnt dogs???????
all i really care about is what u call him... apbt or ambully????

21 - 40 of 55 Posts