Go Pitbull Forums banner
41 - 55 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
We got Kane at 12 weeks and he was 16 pounds, hes currently 5 months and 40 pounds. And Ella was also 16 pounds but that was at 8 weeks (shes a fatty) and now shes 4 months and weighs 27 pounds.

·
hrmph
5,349 Posts
well... I got Belle at 10 weeks old and she weighed about 12 pounds. Now she's about 11 mos old and she weighs about 50.

Rudi weighed about 9 pounds at 10 weeks... and now she's about 4 mos old and i'd guess right around 30 pounds.

Bear my HUSKY weighed about 15 lbs at 10 weeks... maybe 20. and now at about 1 1/4 years old he weighs about 70.... he's big for a husky. and strong :( drags me along. but he listens to me more than the fiance... hahahaahha

·
Banned
70 Posts
I agree with the genitics statement. You can't worry about the dogs weight. Just keep it healthy. It will be what it is genetically programed to be and nothing is really going to change it much unless of course you want to make a fat dog. Personally, I can't understand the obsession with color or weight or size. The dog is only a few weeks old and not all dogs grow at the same pace. If you know what the parents were, that is the best indication as to what the dog's adult size will be. Do not worry about the dog's size at nine weeks unless the vet says he is underweight or overweight. What another dog was at that age will have little relevance in the long run.

I am sorry to say there is much to much obsession with size which is really not what pitbulls are about. People wanting pits that are something they are not are what is hurting the breed. In the near future we can order our designer dogs by gene splicing. You know, I want a blue brindle with two different color eyes, that weighs 110 lbs and has a 26" head. Coming right up just place your order. I am sure there are breeders working on that dog right now, although I am not sure I would call it a pitbull. How about a new breed called AMPITSTAFFBULASTIFBANDOGO.

I am sorry but I just think things like temperment, health, behavior, fitness, attitude, drive, and athleticism are far more important. By the time your dog reaches maturity his weight at 9 weeks, 20 weeks etc will be of little importance.

·
Registered
154 Posts
I will post photos tomorrow.

Hercules just turned 9 weeks old and is American Pitbull and Blue Nose Pitbull.
At 9 weeks right now he is weight 14.3 lbs.

When we brought him home at 3 1/2 / 4 weeks which is way too early (came from a bad home) he was only 4 lbs.

We have been feeding blue buffalo lamb and oatmeal and he has been doing great!
'Blue nose' is not a type of pit bull. It's JUST the color of the dog's nose.

Sent from my iPhone using Petguide.com Free App

·
Registered
1 Posts
9week old bully

My puppy Hercules is 9 weeks old and is 21 lb is has massive bone and girth he was the biggest of his litter. His dad is king harbor and is 130+ so I'm sure he will hit 100 mark easy

·
Silver VIP Member
1,069 Posts
K weighed 9 pounds at 9 weeks lol... I thought she was going to end up at about 40 pounds fully grown, but she's 2 and 55 pounds at pet weight. Not conditioned, but not overweight :)

·
Registered
36 Posts
Vak was 5 lbs at 4.5 weeks when i found her.

9 pounds at 6 weeks.
15 pounds at 9 weeks
26 pounds at 14 weeks
and now 32-33 pounds at 18 weeks

Her growth slowed down around 12 weeks. she had been on a steady 2-2.5 pound a week growth, but around 12 weeks it seemed like she would go a week without gaining weight, then shoot up the next.

She just lost her first canine, as well as molar within the last 2 days as well, just incase is wondering for ages of that as well.

Ive had her on Blue Wilderness Puppy, and now Orijin Puppy.

She has so much personality and love! She will be asleep, wake up and look at me, run and jump up on the sofa, push my laptop out of the way march right up my chest with her front paws on my shoulders and Kiss my entire face.

sorry i strayed off topic!

·
Banned
5,496 Posts
My puppy Hercules is 9 weeks old and is 21 lb is has massive bone and girth he was the biggest of his litter. His dad is king harbor and is 130+ so I'm sure he will hit 100 mark easy
Flexs dad is 126lbs and he was first pick and was significantly bigger than his litter mates and he isnt 100lbs. You have a whole other 50% of the dogs lineage to take into consideration... that being said a big dog with no athletic capabilities is like a jacked up truck in the city. Pointless. to be honest it seems like over compensation.....

41 - 55 of 55 Posts