Go Pitbull Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone. I have a beautiful 10 month old femaile. she is already a whopping 65 pounds!!! she is alllll muscle, and she is such a great dog. However, I want some opinions on how much is too much when it comes to excerise? I know I have to be careful with her because she is so young, and she is not done growing yet. but how much is too much??

·
Work them Pet Bulls!
3,940 Posts
Hi and welcome :) I have an almost 1 year old that I have been just hand walking about 3 miles since she was about 8 months old. I only run her on grass and we play some fetch a few times a week. How much exercise do you give your dog so we can tell you if its to much?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I bring her for walks around the block everyday, and we go swimming together, and I bring her to the dog park 2-3 times a week depending on how hot is. I always make sure she and I get close to 3 hours of excersise everyday

·
Work them Pet Bulls!
3,940 Posts
Word of advice.....stay away from dog parks with bully breeds. Since she is ten months I would no longer go there. DA can appear at anytime now not to mention the diseases they can pick up there. Pit bulls were bred to fight and even though they may not start the fight you can guarantee they will finish it.

Anyways, swimming is great for her cause it is low impact. I just wouldn't over do the workouts until she is fully mature.
Read this thread
http://www.gopitbull.com/general-discussion/36349-pitbulls-dog-parks.html

1 - 5 of 5 Posts