Go Pitbull Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
90 Posts
First, and talking in general from my experience in the veterinary field (and this isn't towards your dog) I have a big pet peeve about "rescues have been abused". Unless Animal Control took it away and owners went to jail, It's actually a very small percent.

Ok, back on the subject.. I am a big believer that it's 100% genetics. Not facts, just my opinion.
An aggressive dog will be just that. A fearful dog will be just that. A happy dog will be just that. I have a dog here that I kept from my own litter, shy, timid, terrified of the broom.. I can tell you there is no abuse in my home. Her mom and dad are people friendly and outgoing. No fear. So, that's how I formed my opinion.

· Registered
90 Posts
First, and talking in general from my experience in the veterinary field (and this isn't towards your dog) I have a big pet peeve about "rescues have been abused". Unless Animal Control took it away and owners went to jail, It's actually a very small percent.

Ok, back on the subject.. I am a big believer that it's 100% genetics. Not facts, just my opinion.
An aggressive dog will be just that. A fearful dog will be just that. A happy dog will be just that. I have a dog here that I kept from my own litter, shy, timid, terrified of the broom.. I can tell you there is no abuse in my home. Her mom and dad are people friendly and outgoing. No fear. So, that's how I formed my opinion.
I meant to say, "My opinion" that it's not how you raise them.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts