Go Pitbull Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
776 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok , brock is 9 months old now and 70ish lbs. i have him drag an old tire from my s10 around the back yard a few times a week for about 10 min just to get him used to it . problem is he can run with it behind him like its not there ...
should i just keep doing as i am or should i get a bit heavier tire ? how much is safe for his joints at this age ?

·
The Yard Of Many Colors
3,420 Posts
dont let him run with it... it can cause bad habbits if you plan on having him on a track... hes still young so keep the weight light... dont put anything heavy on him yet... the key thing is to make them think they can pull anything so just let him pull the light weight till he gets a bit older :D

·
Registered
776 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yeah i plan to have him pull .. hes got a good ped for it and he seems to like it .
i really enjoy pulls , if brock dont dig it , i will leave him showing ukc and try and find a pup with more drive for pulls.. its what im most interested in doing with dogs ! kinda worried the ukc is gonna nix the program :(

·
The Yard Of Many Colors
3,420 Posts
it isnt looking promising with them... weve got 2 ukc shows comin up here but it wouldnt duprise me if they cut it out :(

·
Registered
776 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
it isnt looking promising with them... weve got 2 ukc shows comin up here but it wouldnt duprise me if they cut it out :(
well if they do , ill just do a ukc show here and there to keep brock involved and find a different venue .. ukc is nice do to its proximity.. i plan to get a dog more on gamelines when the right one comes along .

·
Registered
4,164 Posts
Some of us have really been fighting to keep the weight pull program. Terra came into heat 5 pts from her UWPCH, so they'd better not kill the dang program. Take a few minutes and write the UKC about why weight pull is important to you. Down here, its more than just a sport. Its actually more like a chance to hang out and barbecue with friends, maybe bring home a few ribbons while you're at it.

Anyway, carry on.

·
The Yard Of Many Colors
3,420 Posts
Some of us have really been fighting to keep the weight pull program. Terra came into heat 5 pts from her UWPCH, so they'd better not kill the dang program. Take a few minutes and write the UKC about why weight pull is important to you. Down here, its more than just a sport. Its actually more like a chance to hang out and barbecue with friends, maybe bring home a few ribbons while you're at it.

Anyway, carry on.
are there people writing them?? i will write them i just dont want to be the only one to do it cause one person aint gonna change nothing... i will be mad if they do cut it out cause we are workin on teardrop's championship and cali will have her uwp after next weekend and ill start on her championship... i dont like showing with them but i do enjoy their weightpull... :)

·
Registered
4,164 Posts
I wrote them. I can't have been the only one. That's not to say I heard anything back, but hopefully they are at least keeping a log of people who want to keep the sport alive. Red River Weight Pullers had an event planned for September, and I want to be at that one.

·
The Yard Of Many Colors
3,420 Posts
I wrote them. I can't have been the only one. That's not to say I heard anything back, but hopefully they are at least keeping a log of people who want to keep the sport alive. Red River Weight Pullers had an event planned for September, and I want to be at that one.
we have one in like 2 weeks and another in june... ill write them too... couldnt hurt to try

·
h2o APBTs
842 Posts
I'm pulling a 1'x1' patio brick of about 20lbs with indie. I occasionally bump it up to 2 for a super work out, but it's mostly just one. And it's in a sled. Keep him on leash, so he goes slower. Indie runs with hers, too, but I try and keep her slow. :p

1 - 10 of 10 Posts