Go Pitbull Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys so im kinda still sctraching my head at how often i should be feeding my pups? and how much. This is what ive been doing lately. in the morning before i go to work i feed them a small amount like 1/4 cup of feed like Wolf cub. then when i come home for lunch i give them apples carrots and peach mashed and pureed not too much either then a cup and a half of wolf cub for diner. I dont always feed them fruits and veggies for lunch maybe 2 times a week. is this an ok diet for a pup or is there anything i should be doing that im not or change what im doing thanks guys and gals.

·
Premium Member
9,147 Posts
I dont see the fruit and vegi mash benefiting them at all , they are carnivores so id stick to kibble. We feed our young pus 3x a day about a cup at each feeding { we have mulitple dogs this is why we do scheduled feedings its easier for us} usually morning 7-8am then afternoon 1ish then again a lil after dinner. Some will free feed there pups for the 1st 4 mnths or so if you only have the 1 dog this may be an option for you. If you want to add anything you can add a fish oil pill once a day or on occassion maybe 2-3x a week a spoon of probiotics.

·
Dare to dance the tide
12,401 Posts
Do they like the veggies and fruit? If so you can keep doing so it wont hurt them. Are you thinking of feeding a raw diet at some point? What does the bag suggest for their weight and age. I dont measure anything. I fill the bowl about half full and Jige ( he is 15wks) eats what he wants of it. I pick up the rest of the food if there is any after about 15minutes. I also feed him again when I sit down to dinner again I fill the bowl about half full. He is a good weight has normal stools. I use this as a guideline more than recommendations from the vet or the bag of food itself.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I have 2 pups 10 weeks of age. they love the fruit from what i see and the feed is actually getting eaten fully. so just once a day isnt enough?

·
Premium Member
9,147 Posts
no once a day isnt usually enough for pups , there tumys are smaller and they cant eat alot at 1 feeding like the older ones can , best to either free feed for the 1st while or feed a few times a day.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts