Go Pitbull Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm in the beginning stages of making a spring pole and not real sure how springy it should be. Should my dog have to jump to get it and be able to pull it down? Thanks for any input.

·
Premium Member
9,147 Posts
how old is your dog? if they are young you dont want them jumping to much all 4 paws should be on the ground , if they are a bit older you can have it high enough there front paws are off the ground { how we have ours set up} , you dont really want it to bee so high they can injur themselfs falling , alot of pulled ligaments and muscles happen that way. this is just my opinion.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
She just turned one and I just want to use it for play and a little work until next spring when she is older. I don't want her to hang with all four feet off the ground. I'm not sure though on what size springs to get. My girl is 48 lbs and not sure if I should use stiff springs or something with a bounce to it.

·
Premium Member
9,147 Posts
I use this big ol tree we have lol the huge branch has alot of give and it bounces alot, I heard alot of people just use the garage door spring so maybe just get one of those seems to work for lots of other people .

·
Pits Are For Chicks
16,258 Posts
You want more spring. A spring that is to stiff can do harm to your dog.When you put the spring in each hand and pull apart your should feel the tension but be able to pull it with out to much strain yourself.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts