·
Premium Member
9,147 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Premium Member
9,147 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It deff sucks if you ever have to use it. Ill never forget the 1st time I had to do this on a person hopefully never have to do this on anyone or any dog ever again. But always good to know. I still go through my medical books and refresh on CPR and other 1st aid procedures . Reading it once you will rarely remember it when you need it, adrenaline goes and everything is blank. Best for everyone to look over this regularly or even taking a course through your local health department. I cant stress enough how much people NEED to know this { both for people and for animals} , even just doing compressions now have been shown to raise the chance of survival in people so learn where to place your hands and how to properly do compressions to avoid injury to the patient.

·
Registered
41 Posts
I vote take a course, did mine 3x's while active duty, and my sister is a nurse. It was her dog who passed. Heart failure at 1.2 years. But it was more of a blessing, we were able to rescue three dogs after her passing, I kept one, and two were giving to friends.

·
Premium Member
9,147 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Awww well glad there was a happy ending for others. Sometimes you just cant save them . I vote to do the course as well, I have taken it a few times {a nurse as well}. Really it isnt that hard and its worth the money to know you can save a life {anyone with kids should especially know this. }

1 - 5 of 5 Posts