Go Pitbull Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So poor Bert ran into a metal chair in our backyard about 3 weeks ago. My husband had his shoes on the chair drying in the sun earlier in the day. I let Bert out to go to the bathroom, and then I hear a yelp and he comes running in and the chair is knocked over. I don't know if he just didn't see it or what. It was dark, so I'm guessing he ran back in so fast and wasn't paying attention. He hates being left outside.

Anyway, it left a gash but not enough for stitches or a vet visit. I cleaned it and then applied neosporin until it healed.

I'm just wondering if the hair is going to grow back? Poor guy already has two scars on his back. He had those when I adopted him at the shelter. I had tried Newstock after the suggestion of some here. The scars have stayed tho. I applied some Newstock on his forehead this past week, but not sure it's helping.

Any other ideas? I attached a photo of the day it happened and how it looks today. He was kind enough to put his head down and pose for a pic. Haha I just hate how it looks on him. He's such a sweet boy,

Attachments

·
h2o APBTs
842 Posts
Sulfur based meds are pretty good at getting hair to grow in faster, but if there's no hair to grow, then they won't do anything. Plus, the smell! I hope it heals up cleanly, but only time will tell.

·
Super Moderator
4,580 Posts
nustock worked very well for Ecko's scar. He had one a bit bigger then a silver dollar on his cheek when I got him. They said he'd had it since he was a puppy. 2 weeks of nustock on at night and wiped off in the morning and he had peach fuzz starting. Now I can't even tell which cheek it was on.

·
Super Moderator
5,300 Posts
HeatherSen, sorry to read about Bert's accident, poor boy. Hope he heals quickly and scar free.

Joe

·
Super Moderator
5,300 Posts
Looks like it's healing nicely Heather. Hopefully, you soon won't even notice "Burt's Blunder". He is a handsome young man!

Joe

1 - 6 of 6 Posts