Go Pitbull Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I apologize if there is a previous post out here with this information but I'm just exhausted with searching for it.

I was wondering if anyone has paid this guy $47.77 for this link to the 1 hour and 44 minute miracle to training your PitBull. I really want to have a well trained dog that the main reason for me getting it at 5 weeks. It just sound really strange that he has all the answers, so be for I throw my money away I would like your opinion.

I see this guys link on just about ever PitBull site on the net so I know he is spending the money on Marketing. I just want to know if it works or has any one tried it.

http://www.easydogsystem.com/f/Pit Bull_.php

Thanks

·
Dare to dance the tide
12,401 Posts
No that is the first I have ever seen it. I just use voice command with my dogs. Chalice is in an obedience class and doing really well. I have never slapped her or Mikado I use only voice commands. Pitbulls are really smart and i think easier to train than some other dogs. Your pup is so young I would just work with him and ask questions on here. JMO

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah he is really young. I got the house training thing down pack he even :poop: on the paper at my brothers house. Now I'm working on him Recognizing his name.

Any tricks to that ?

·
Registered
3,534 Posts
In general, postive reinforcement training works best. You can use a training book (I posted a list somewhere on the forum, will try to find it). Or what I think is even better is going to obedience classes, its fun too.

·
Dare to dance the tide
12,401 Posts
How younge is this pup? With all my dogs I have ever had I just call them by their name when I hold them I whisper their name in their ear. It usually only takes a couple of days for them to now who they are. Even the older dogs that we have taken and changed their name it didn't take long. Maggie Bea had hers down in just two days the previous owner had named her Bud.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
Judy said:
In general, positive reinforcement training works best. You can use a training book (I posted a list somewhere on the forum, will try to find it). Or what I think is even better is going to obedience classes, its fun too.
I thought the obedience schools used choke chains. Thats one reason I would much rather use a book. I don't want to HURT my dog. :woof:

I would really appreciate that link.;)

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
MY MIKADO said:
How younge is this pup? With all my dogs I have ever had I just call them by their name when I hold them I whisper their name in their ear. It usually only takes a couple of days for them to now who they are. Even the older dogs that we have taken and changed their name it didn't take long. Maggie Bea had hers down in just two days the previous owner had named her Bud.
He will be 6 weeks This Tuesday. I he looks up when I call his name "Diego" but he wont come. I think it just b/c he is so young he doesn't know that he is supposed to come.

·
Dare to dance the tide
12,401 Posts
Oh I didn't realize that he was that younge. If he looks at you and waggs his tail then I think he knows his name. Just give him time. I would really worry about doing to much training at such a younge age wait until he is a little older.

·
Dare to dance the tide
12,401 Posts
Chalice is in a class and we use the gentle leader. The funny thing with her is she knows how to do everything but if I do it without the leader on she is awfull but put the leader on her and she awsome.

·
Registered
3,534 Posts
BlueScarFace said:
I thought the obedience schools used choke chains. Thats one reason I would much rather use a book. I don't want to HURT my dog. :woof:

I would really appreciate that link.;)
Our obedience school did not use any type of chains or special collars.
All we brought was a bag of treats.
When looking for obedience schools in your area, look for "positive reinforcment" classes. Its much more pleasant for both owner and dog.

You may want to try Puppy Kindergarten first - we did and it was cool having the pup socalize with other pups.

Here's the link with the books I was talking about:

http://www.gopitbull.com/pitbullforums/training-conditioning/2806-best-training-book.html#post22815

Also I like "Training Secrets for Bully Breeds" you can buy at a pet store check out lane maybe.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts