Go Pitbull Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
589 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How popular are the APBT and other bully breeds in the CKC?
Why do/don't many people register them through the CKC?
Why the ADBA/UKC/AKC?

·
Registered
2,960 Posts
Are you talking about the continental kennel club or the Canadian Kennel Club?

Personally I wouldn't register any dog with continental. That's because they just register any dog as long as you give them money.

·
SRK's Hero Of War CGC
2,674 Posts
Are you talking about the continental kennel club or the Canadian Kennel Club?

Personally I wouldn't register any dog with continental. That's because they just register any dog as long as you give them money.
:goodpost:
people with scattebred parents with no registry usually are APBR or CKC papered and those regis are crap and are worth nothing to anyone.

·
Registered
4,164 Posts
The ADBA is a registry that started just for the APBT, so its only natural that people register APBTs with them. :) The UKC also started just for APBT and then expanded to other breeds. Those are the only two legit registries for the APBT. The ConKC (versus the Canadian Kennel Club CKC) is an open registry that just accepts "scout's honor" that a dog is purebred. It is a waste of money for a group of people to print you off a fake registration certificate, basically.

ETA: The AKC registers AmStaffs and Staffybulls, not APBTs.

·
Registered
589 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Are you wanting to get Kambo registered?
I did even though I don't really need to..But still it all depends on what I do with her. I don't guess I'm going to at all. Someone suggested the "ConKC" to me. It just sparked an interest since I haven't seen any APBT/AM Bullys w/e registered through them. They are always UKC/AKC/ADBA. I don't know. As of right now I can't register Kambo since her parents aren't dual registered. I believe I'm going to call the ADBA back though and complain about the man that we bought Kam from. Claiming to be selling dogs that can be registered and can't at all. Also selling them for top dollar. I don't know if they will do anything but maybe.:mad:That still irks me.

·
Registered
761 Posts
yea, that happens to most people with their first dog. bam's ckc registered. i didnt care about papers as much as i fell for him once i played with him.

breeders who say they can get papers, normally are compl. full of shiz and have no papered dogs at all. just dogs they call pits and make money from their mutt puppies. even if they show u the parents papers, its normally becuase someone gave them a copy of their dogs papers, and the'yr trying to pass it off as their own.

·
Registered
589 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
The dogs are legit. Ones with the UKC and ones with the ADBA plain and simple I was sure to call and verify with the numbers I had. It took 3 months to get the paper I got. I'm not wasting anymore time with that dude.

·
Registered
84 Posts
The dogs are legit. Ones with the UKC and ones with the ADBA plain and simple I was sure to call and verify with the numbers I had. It took 3 months to get the paper I got. I'm not wasting anymore time with that dude.
so i have a question concerning your situation... so since the parents are registered with UKC and then the other with ADBA, does that meen the pups cant be registered under either because they dont recognize each other?

·
Registered
4,164 Posts
The registries recognize each other. But you have to take one of those sets of papers and dual-register one of the parents. Like take the ADBA dog and use those papers to get UKC papers, then the pups can be registered with UKC. Or vice versa. You can use either ADBA or UKC papers to get the other.

·
Premium Member
1,584 Posts
so i have a question concerning your situation... so since the parents are registered with UKC and then the other with ADBA, does that meen the pups cant be registered under either because they dont recognize each other?
I thought they do...

From what I read on both sites as long as the dog is registered with UKC it can be registered with ADBA and vice versa.

The pups would have to be registered UKC (as long as parents are) and then dual registered with the ADBA. You would have to have proof of UKC papers and lineage, I believe.

·
Premium Member
13,373 Posts
Both parents have to be registered with UKC or ADBA to register a litter. In her case one is UKC only and one is ADBA only. The owners would have to dual register the dogs to get paperwork on the litter. Basically the BYB's that sold her the dog were too lazy to send in the proper paperwork to dual register the parents and she screwed. The whole situations stinks!

·
Premium Member
1,584 Posts
Both parents have to be registered with UKC or ADBA to register a litter. In her case one is UKC only and one is ADBA only. The owners would have to dual register the dogs to get paperwork on the litter. Basically the BYB's that sold her the dog were too lazy to send in the proper paperwork to dual register the parents and she screwed. The whole situations stinks!
Oh ok,gotcha.....

For some reason I can't read today...lol!!!

·
Registered
589 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Kam is a girl lol..and uhm..what is the aadr??? Kam is supposed to be an am bully.. but i might as well say mutt..well no that's mean I know where she came from as far as that goes but still...ugh...it's so aggravating

·
Banned
1,616 Posts
Kam is a girl lol..and uhm..what is the aadr??? Kam is supposed to be an am bully.. but i might as well say mutt..well no that's mean I know where she came from as far as that goes but still...ugh...it's so aggravating
It is a registry like the ADBA started by TL and maybe call the lady who now owns it and see what she says.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts