Go Pitbull Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Yeah I figured they may be generally on the more mellow side compared to males. The non pit I have now is a female mutt and she likes to be near me and the wife as much as possible

Planning to get another dog (pit) next year so I'm thinking about a female one

· Registered
90 Posts
Future family pups will all be males from now on! LOL
My females can be reserved at times. They will go at each other when running the fence (even though they can not see what's on the other side)but do get along well for the most part. Their mood changes when they are in heat. I will say, when we spayed my one female (she was 2 years old), we did notice a change in her personality. More loving, and happier. They are definitely not mellow compared to the males, who were more affectionate, that I have owned.

· Registered
91 Posts
My female is sassy as all get-out and has really serious moments and takes crap from no one. All three of my females have been that way to a degree. I much prefer males. They tend to be a bit goofier and relaxed. As far as drive and work ethic, I think females can be just as good as males. I have had good workers both as females and males, and I have had males and females that aren't eager to work and please. I will say there is something to be said for females being more willing to judge/critique you as a handler. There was a study I recently heard mention of that apparently showed a connection between females and perceived competency. If they perceive incompetence in the handler, they will act on that information and I would not be surprised in the least if continued research further strengthens that data. So in that regard, you may find a female a bit more willful than a male and less forgiving of mistakes. If there had been a male pup in the litter (assuming he was as sporty as my little female), I likely would not have a female right now at all, but her litter was all girls.

· Registered
4 Posts
I have three pups, one of my pups is a female, and she loves to be close to me and my family. It's easy to take care of her. She doesn't bother much but the male pups want to go outside and play all the time. They love running around in the yard and doing some activities at home I used puppington snax for the training routine.

· Registered
94 Posts
Well, not necessarily related to Pitties, but overall, we prefer females of most species.
They tend to be more ornery and smart, but when they want to give lovin's, it's that much more special.
Boys are generally just sweet little bone heads.
Keep in mind, I'm talking about rats, rabbits, dogs, cats, guinea pigs, horses, birds, chickens, etc.
Fish doesn't seem to matter.😁

1 - 7 of 7 Posts