Go Pitbull Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
-when people are surprised after I tell them that my girl Sammy is half APBT. I guess because she's just solid black people don't think much about it and just label her a lab mix off the bat. To me, at least, the only lab I see in her is her solid black coat and slightly long muzzle. She's a bit bigger than most APBTs (she's about 49 pounds), but otherwise I think she definitely inherited the lean, athletic APBT build. =]

·
I'm the blue dragon!
4,564 Posts
coat, tail, and head shape (at least this angle) all scream lab to me. just a well taken care of and in shape lab...

·
Super Moderator
11,000 Posts
Why do you think he is half APBT? Is the parent lineage traceable? I would say mutt and leave the pit bull out entirely. For many reasons.

Sent from Petguide.com App

·
Banned
5,496 Posts
I third odin and and princess. This reminds me of a funny story. I was at my buddys he had his akc lab at his house. Sum1 else stopped by was petting all over hunter and said "damn he has a pit head" I laughed so hard I had to leave....

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
I know for sure she's half and half. The owners of her parents bred both breeds and both parents did have papers. It was just a case of one dog getting loose at a very bad time and the owners making due. Her mother was the APBT.

I also grew up with an AKC Lab so I know pretty well what they look like. I'm not saying she doesn't look anything like a lab, because she certainly has some lab traits, but she's always looked more APBT than lab to me. Aside from her coat color, her coat is actually APBT. It's not the thick double coat that labs have, it's single layer and soft. Her face and ears are super satin soft.

I just call her my "ador-a-bull", lol. I do call her a pit mix because that's what she is though. She's a good dog and I think it's important to have her as a good breed representative, like my American Bully Stark is. No, she's not purebred, she's a mutt. But she is an APBT mutt, and I won't deny that. She's no less of a good dog because of the breeds she's made up of.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts