Go Pitbull Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Gotta Love Them Red Dogs!
487 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It's creeping up on 3am here in FL, we have been having issues within the neighborhood of people hearing things in their yard, around their house, ect...not just us but several people we know have had wierd stuff happening here in our area.

Our house hasn't been messed with in probably about 3 weeks,
I guess I should start by saying our house was one of the ones that heard strange noises it sounded like someone ran down the side of it hitting it like a drum roll....I let O'Malley out that night and gave him the "find em" He walked the perimeter of our yard and went under,in,ect. everything for easily 2 hours until I forced him to come inside.

That was my point of being proud...he was never really "trained" him for protection beyond the regular "scit em", "watch em", ect.

Well...tonite was my real point of proud momma-hood;
we heard our fence jingle like someone hopped it so my boyfriend grabbed his 12 guage and I send O'Malley out and went behind him to find a pretty large black bear. O'Malley went right after him like nothing...no fear. The bear jumped our fence and got outta the yard...but I am ever so proud to know that my boy will protect us when faced with something. I was scared shitless...I couldn't even recall him I was in so much shock....

guess we know what the odd noises were...

·
Super Moderator
4,587 Posts
Good job O'Mally. You have every right to be a proud mom. Very impressive.

·
Premium Member
9,147 Posts
wow good thing the bear ran. Our old boy rocky got in a fight with a bear early one morning and it was a straight battle. he came out of it needing nearly 100 stitches , he had draining tubes all over the place and lost movement on part of his face, one ear and his mouth kinda sat funny on that side after. bears are nothing to mess with. cost us over a $1000 in vet bills an we thought we were going to lose him :(. Good job on him scaring it away though. People say this breed isn't a good guard dog and while I agree with that as a general, I think ANY dog will protect the family they love and home they are loyal too.

·
Jr MEMBER
1,309 Posts
Not to be a debbie downer, but I'd never send my dog out unless I knew what someone was carrying.

I know it's a bear, but "what if" it was a guy with a knife, or a gun, or even a machete.

If I were to take Dakota out for such a reason, (I know Alice probably would just be excited about the thought of being pet.) he would be leashed, and I'd watch his sniffer and follow it.

Otherwise, good boy O'malley! :)

·
Registered
2,146 Posts
Mama Pride

I know you are proud of your boy! Congratulations to him! Hope he got lots of treats! Our yard stays ssafe too with our crew on the prowl. They have gotten rabbitts, oppossums, birds, snakes and turtles so far. Yeah it makes your heart swell up with pride for sure! Yeah O'Malley!

·
Gotta Love Them Red Dogs!
487 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Not to be a debbie downer, but I'd never send my dog out unless I knew what someone was carrying.

I know it's a bear, but "what if" it was a guy with a knife, or a gun, or even a machete.

If I were to take Dakota out for such a reason, (I know Alice probably would just be excited about the thought of being pet.) he would be leashed, and I'd watch his sniffer and follow it.

Otherwise, good boy O'malley! :)
Everyone has their own opinions on stuff & I respect that. My boyfriend had his 12 guage and was out right behind O'Malley as well as me. It's not like I sent him out and stayed inside. :) He is my world, trust me that I would never put him in danger, I always stay with him.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts