1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
691 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Premium Member
5,100 Posts
You should start the "Know all of the facts before condemning anything or anyone to death based on flawed media stories". Kind of a mouthful but...

·
Registered
691 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I know.... I wish there was something I could do or say. But its like talking to brick walls. Its true no one would ever understand unless experienced owning or being around one f the breed. I can't believe how are they are going with it though.. I can believe I just don't want o... :(

·
Registered
399 Posts
This is whacked. If the dog was SOOO HA why did he brush past the aunt to get to the little girl? If it's a crazy vicious animal wouldn't it have bitten the aunt right at the door? I mean honestly.. How can they say the dog was going to attack the little girl? Can they read his mind? It could have been on its way to give her kisses until the chiuahua(sp?) attacked him!

·
Registered
691 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
This is whacked. If the dog was SOOO HA why did he brush past the aunt to get to the little girl? If it's a crazy vicious animal wouldn't it have bitten the aunt right at the door? I mean honestly.. How can they say the dog was going to attack the little girl? Can they read his mind? It could have been on its way to give her kisses until the chiuahua(sp?) attacked him!
Definitely... I watched the video... and Sadie (the pit bull) was super excited with the camera on her, but she was sweet as can be... She doesn't deserve death... We are making progress... The opposing side has 80 something against her.... we have gotten 41 signatures in one night.. We have til Thursday.. So I am hoping for the best turn around possible.... poor baby deserves a second chance. The owner said he was working on the new fence and this will not happen again... *praying*

·
Registered
82 Posts
I have signed the petition as its not right to put down the dog, but at the same time I hope justice is done so that the owner will take better care of his dog.

I cant imagine how you would feel if a "un-vaccinated dog" ran into your house and killed your dog. Just think about that, I can bet you would want to see justice done as firstly your pet is like a child and means the world to you, and secondly you would live in fear of the neighbors dog doing it again when you got another dog. Not a nice situation to be in at all when you living in fear.

·
Registered
691 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
The owner is taking full responsibility. He will pay for this and he is willing to go by the rules. However I do not believe the dog deserves to be put down.

Thank u

·
Registered
171 Posts
First let me say that the incident for the family of the dog that was killed is tragic. I am sure they are very distraught. And it is most likely that the APBT was never going to hurt the child. And the temperament towards humans of the APBT, I am sure will be verified.
Usually DA and HA are not related at all, and they should not assume just because it killed their dog it would hurt them.
An incident very, very similar to this happened to my daughters little 6 month old Shipoo a little over a year ago. My wife tied the shipoo (Suki), about 10' from our front door while she ran in to use the restroom. At that exact moment, my neighbors large shepard/ chow mix ran into our yard and broke 5 ribs and punctured its lungs, and cause extensive internal damage with one bite. It was taken to the vet, but only made it about an hour. My daughter and wife where very, very close to this dog, and almost inconsolable. Now the only reason I am telling this is to give my perspective being in the victims shoes.
We did call the HS, and they said that since it did not attack a human, there was nothing they could do, but give them a warning. They also said that they are animals, and things like this can happen. You know what? I agreed with them 100%, and I said, "I just want to make a report because the dog is not human friendly either" And they agreed.
We never wanted their dog put down, we just wanted compensation for what we paid for the dog, the vet bill paid, and a promise to keep their dog on their property. They did all three, and we all agreed it was tragic. Now I am not sure what the HS response would of been had they thought the attacking dog was an APBT! I hope it would of been the same.

·
Registered
691 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
First let me say that the incident for the family of the dog that was killed is tragic. I am sure they are very distraught. And it is most likely that the APBT was never going to hurt the child. And the temperament towards humans of the APBT, I am sure will be verified.
Usually DA and HA are not related at all, and they should not assume just because it killed their dog it would hurt them.
An incident very, very similar to this happened to my daughters little 6 month old Shipoo a little over a year ago. My wife tied the shipoo (Suki), about 10' from our front door while she ran in to use the restroom. At that exact moment, my neighbors large shepard/ chow mix ran into our yard and broke 5 ribs and punctured its lungs, and cause extensive internal damage with one bite. It was taken to the vet, but only made it about an hour. My daughter and wife where very, very close to this dog, and almost inconsolable. Now the only reason I am telling this is to give my perspective being in the victims shoes.
We did call the HS, and they said that since it did not attack a human, there was nothing they could do, but give them a warning. They also said that they are animals, and things like this can happen. You know what? I agreed with them 100%, and I said, "I just want to make a report because the dog is not human friendly either" And they agreed.
We never wanted their dog put down, we just wanted compensation for what we paid for the dog, the vet bill paid, and a promise to keep their dog on their property. They did all three, and we all agreed it was tragic. Now I am not sure what the HS response would of been had they thought the attacking dog was an APBT! I hope it would of been the same.
Sry for ur loss. But I do not believe the case would be the same if the attacker would have been an apbt. They are feared by many loved by few as I am starting to see. Which hurts me. What hurts me also is the comments the ppl are signing the petition for her to be pts they're all lashing out at the breed itself and. Not even taking the story into consideration. And the family that was the victim has proven to be a trouble maker in our community but that'd s different story for now

·
Registered
85 Posts
Sounds pretty ridiculous to me. Also sounds a lot like there are a ton of facts being left out too...
I mean...if the dog truly went after the girl then put the dog down, but it sounds to me like he was just running up to the family.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts