Go Pitbull Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am on the verge of mental breakdown because I cannot STAND where we are currently living, on my cousins property. However my boyfriend just got a new job almost 2 hours away and I was ecstatic because we can FINNALLY MOVE!!! haha yeah right.. I have called and called and noone allows them or knows of anywhere that does. I don't know what to do, but finding him a home is not an option at all. He will be with me for the rest of his years, no matter what. It doesn't help that a 130lb "pit bull" killed a little girl earlier this week in my area. I wont even get into that right now, I was just wondering if anyone has any suggestions at all, we own a 5th wheel camper so I thought the parks might be more lenient but they aren't at all.
He's so vicious LOL

·
Hitting the Trails Weekly
344 Posts
Wish I knew how to help but I don't, sorry. Adorable pic though.
130 lbs?! WTH? Either the dog was a mastiff cross or he/she was obese!

·
Registered
31 Posts
I don't suppose calling him something else would be an option? I don't know how it works in the States but I have friends who call their pitbulls 'kelpie cross' or 'sharpei cross' on tenancy applications. My best friend has been registering his 14 year old papered APBT as a 'bull arab' since the APBT was classified as menacing back in 2003.

·
Diggin' Deep
5,194 Posts
Yeah the dog who attacked was a badly bred American Bully that had human agressive dogs he came from.
BUT ANYWAY...I would think Louisianna would have some pretty dog friendly places. Have you tried looking at places that are for rent by an individual and not an agency?

Also do you even have a pedigree to prove he is a "pitbull"? If not, I would just say you have a mix of some different breeds...lol but he looks like the typical bully breed dog so if someone sees him they'd label him as a "pit mix" at the least... But in my experience it works fairly ok when you inquire about a place and ask the owner if they would like to meet your dog that way they are more inclined to see he is not a terrifying beast.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I agree with the comments about the dog that attacked the girl, its ridiculous. unfortunately as everyone knows media doesn't see it that way, I tried places that were just owned by individuals and a couple even mentioned the dog attack, ugh. like if that hadn't happened id be good to go. As far as calling him something else, I dont think ill be able to get away with it, everyone always makes comments when I take him out so apparently its obvious. I wont give up till I find a place, I know there is one out there.. I was just frustrated earlier at peoples ignorance,
Thanks everyone:)

·
Diggin' Deep
5,194 Posts
Don't give up! :) maybe boarded the search to 30 min from work or something along those lines :p keep us posted!

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I found an awesome place! Hopefully the boyfriend goes for it, as it is ultimately his choice.

·
Diggin' Deep
5,194 Posts
Yay!!!! :D :clap:

·
Premium Member
1,003 Posts
1. i hope your bf approves.
2. i would love a gf that gave me "ultimate" choice in anything
3. as a back up plan to give you guys more time for house hunting , you can contact land owners in the area and offer a few hundred bucks a month to "squat" in your 5th wheel. private land owners are normally wary of strangers but you might luck out. dumping grey and black water will be a pain. but it's just an idea.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
It's always been that way, haha. He "doesn't know what he wants to do" so who knows if we are moving. We are essentially "temporarily" squatting on our cousins land right now. for over a YEAR ugh. I dont know anyone but them here so I have no ties to the area, I am ready to moveee

·
Premium Member
2,250 Posts
Congrats on finding a place. Your bf would be foolish not to choose it with all of the problems you have had finding place.

Good luck!

·
<(-.-)> N00B
350 Posts
What part of Louisiana are you in? Of this falls through, I might can help you locate something.

·
Registered
133 Posts
You might could even look into pet insurance for your dog. When we bought our house in louisiana insurance companies wouldnt cover us within a reasonable price range so we just found a company that didnt include the dogs in the plan and just cover our dog with a pet liability plan. Vet references could also help yall .

Sent from Petguide.com Free App

1 - 13 of 13 Posts