Go Pitbull Forums banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i bought a male blue nose on sunday. He's 8wks, razors edge/gotti line ukc purple ribbon :). I bought a small bag of blue buffalo large breed puppy food but im not sure if he likes it or not. He takes a few bites then stops eating. I thought about switching him to science diet puppy food then as he gets older switch to blue buffalo adult food. What do you guys think?

·
The Yard Of Many Colors
3,420 Posts
id give it awhile before you take him off of it... hes gotta get used to it

·
Premium Member
9,147 Posts
yup agreed 3 days isnt enough, did you just switch him over or did you mix it with his old stuff for awhile? best bet when switching food is add a small amount of the new food tohis old food and gradually increase the new food ratio to the old food ratio until eventually it is all new food. I usually take 2-3 weeks to switch over completely, just makes it easier on there tummys its not such an abrubt switch.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
i drove from texas to arizona to pick him up. I didnt' bring back the food his breeder was feeding him. His stool has been solid though. (not sure if that helps) do you guys think i should wait a few weeks and see how he does? As long as the bag is not more than half empty i can still return it to petsmart

·
Work them Pet Bulls!
3,940 Posts
Blue buffalo is great food just get him off large breed formula and put him on regular puppy food

·
Registered
36 Posts
I have a 10 week old blue bully razor/gotti lines purple ribbon also! I was feeding her royal canin and she was doing well with it. I talked to someone that said Blue buffalo is a little better so i switched her over and now i feel like she isnt liking it also.... i am going to give it some time... can u please post pics i want to see the little guy!

·
Premium Member
9,147 Posts
yes I would just give him some time 3 days isnt enough , they will eat if they are hungry enough :)

·
Premium Member
4,321 Posts
Congrats on the new addition.

Blue buffalo is a good food. I'd try to keep him on it and see how he does.
I definitely would not use Science Diet...
Just to help you out a little with something else "blue nose" is not a type of pit bull it is just the nose color it means nothing more than that.

Enjoy the pup and check out this thread:
http://www.gopitbull.com/obedience-...ing-american-pit-bull-terrier-your-puppy.html

·
K9 Pshrynk & Conciliare~
6,363 Posts
Your in texas? Get some biljac.. weight until he's older to use that organic all natural stuff you don't know what he was being fed for sure .. some these people are given goats milk soaked bread WTF??? but saying they feed this.. .. ARGH.. grumble.. so anyway .. man either frozen usually sold at wal mart some petsmart stores have them.. or the puppy dry kibble .. follow feeding instruction and by the time hes twelve weeks you can have a blend a fine dog food that you want to feed..

The food you picked does well for a lot of folks.. its "rich"..

·
OCD Bullyologist
8,663 Posts
Your in texas? Get some biljac.. weight until he's older to use that organic all natural stuff you don't know what he was being fed for sure .. some these people are given goats milk soaked bread WTF??? but saying they feed this.. .. ARGH.. grumble.. so anyway .. man either frozen usually sold at wal mart some petsmart stores have them.. or the puppy dry kibble .. follow feeding instruction and by the time hes twelve weeks you can have a blend a fine dog food that you want to feed..

The food you picked does well for a lot of folks.. its "rich"..
Biljac is an awful food full of corn and fillers.

·
Work them Pet Bulls!
3,940 Posts
why? i figured the large breed puppy food cause his dad weighs 105lbs and the mom weighed 90-95lbs.
I have a blue girl and her mom and dad are razors edge as well. You need to watch the protein levels in foods because it can cause rapid growth and knuckling. Down the road it can cause them joint issues as they get older. Not sure why nobody else didn't mention you shouldn't feed large breed food. To me a large breed is a great dane, mastiff, saint bernard, etc. I know alot of great dane people who won't feed a pup large breed food because of the issues I just mentioned.

Reactions: Nizmo

·
Premium Member
9,147 Posts
yup agreed large breed isnt needed, large breed dogs are as he mentioned above great dane, mastiffs , saint bernards, bermese moutain ect. no need for that with this breed :)

1 - 20 of 35 Posts