Go Pitbull Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
ACCOUNT CLOSED
5,701 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My friend and I were at Wal Mart tonight, picking up some dog food for her dogs and other groceries. The cashier asked if we knew anyone wanting a puppy. We asked what kind just being curious. She said a Jack Russel. My friend asked how much and the lady said "50" My friend said "put it on craigslist" The cashier said "yeah my dog just had them, they are 3 weeks old" So my friend was like "oh you still have some time then" The lady said "no they are ready now, they are weaned, and I put some dog food down and they ate it" I said "Just a tip, but puppies need to stay with their mothers til 8 weeks of age because they get a lot of socialization from their mother about how to be a dog" The lady replied "Well when Jack Russels get this age, the mom doesn't want anything to do with them" I said "well it is important for them to stay with their litter mates, they learn valuable lessons like bite inhibition," in which we explained...

After that the lady didn't have much more to say... just sat there with a ticked off look on her face. And then said that she had a home for the mother, and the mother was going tonight...

SMH....

·
Premium Member
11,000 Posts
ugh so sad.! I hate when you try to educate and help people and they refuse to listen. God try though!

·
Registered
471 Posts
Thats why Izzo shys away from new people , trainer told me its because I got her way to young and her mother never showed her how to have confidence around people =[ people need to learn , =[ its sad , but all you can do is try and educate them like you did . They dont want to listen that isnt on you , you tried to help and if people wanna think they know everything you cant tell them otherwise ..

·
ACCOUNT CLOSED
5,701 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
My pup left her litter at 4 weeks, the friend I got her from told me the same line. I didn't know better at the time. But she went to stay with another friend, who took 2 other pups from the litter so at least she got to be with her litter mates. And my friend's Dalmatian even developed milk and fed our pit bull puppies. LOL That was a shock. She adopted them.

·
Registered
536 Posts
argh... some people are just too dumb for words... when I got Bullet he was about 5 weeks old, but the person that I got him from, got him from the "breeder" at 2 weeks. :hammer: luckily, I socialized him very well and he grew up with my two other dogs I had at the time, so they taught him the ropes. :) I know a couple of people who have his brothers and sisters too, and surprisingly they all turned out really well. I guess the genetics got lucky that time. :roll:

·
15 wins 3 losses
461 Posts
Dumb people these days.. At least you tried to shed some light on the lady and let her know what was up.

I got a feeling that Whit was given away early because his bite inhibition isn't all that good when playing with us (I'm always working on the "no bite!" command to curb it though) and other bad habits. I'm glad I saved my boy's life though, he wouldn't be living as good as he does in the area we live in.

·
Premium Member
1,034 Posts
And this is why I hate people and love dogs!!!

·
Registered
28 Posts
I took my pup home at 4 weeks. Poor thing gets beat up by yorkies and weinie dogs now. He just wants to play and the other dogs don't like it...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts