1 - 20 of 69 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Courage
3,052 Posts
Lucky? How ironic. What is wrong with your other dog?

·
Dare to dance the tide
12,401 Posts
I'm so sorry you are having money trouble but isn't there something else you can do to save money and allow you to keep Lucky? How long have you had him?

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have had him since he was a little puppy. No my boyfriend im living with is the one who makes the decisions and we are VERY short on money right now, barely getting by. We didn't think this was how it was going to be, but it has become that way now very quickly.

·
Courage
3,052 Posts
pitbull_lover08 said:
We didn't think this was how it was going to be, but it has become that way now very quickly.
my wife and I have been together for 13 years and we still say that very same thing. Good luck with everything. Wish I could help out but I have enough dogs for right now.

·
Pits Are For Chicks
16,246 Posts
I understand where you are coming from. I hope you find a great home for Lucky.

·
RateMyPitbull.com Moderator
4,389 Posts
Why does he get to make all the decisions? Sorry if that question is too intrusive, and if so just say so. But, that can get old real quick.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Well its his dog, he got him while we was together and he is bring home most of the bacon. We have mutual decisions but for right now it seems the only way on both ends. Things MAY change but its doubtful. I hope we can keep him, he is a great dog but I guess we will see if things even out or not.

·
RateMyPitbull.com Moderator
4,389 Posts
I understand. Wish I could take him for you, but my girls are about all I can handle. Money troubles suck.

·
Fat-Dogs-R-Us
8,760 Posts
Wow... Okay... I'm going to come off like a complete butthole to you, but some one has to do it... Why in the world would you guys add another pet in your home when you know of all the possibilities for health issues? It sounds like Kobi was an impulse buy to me. I don't understand how you can rip anything away from everything it has always known... especially when it has been years with the same familiarities of day to day living! This action is a completely selfish move on BOTH of your parts... I can understand having to rehome ALL of your animals because you lost your home due to a HUMAN illness (long term hospitalization),or you BOTH have been injured so badly that you can never walk or use your arms again (never being able to pet your dog let alone feed him). When you take an animal home you have made a life long commitment to him/her. Damn, wouldn't that suck if YOUR parents put you up for adoption because your bother got sick??? There are financing options for most medical needs... I just applied to get my teeth fixed, but the pamphlet mentioned that you can even use it for your pets medical needs... here's the link....
http://carecredit.com/
I hope for you, your boyfriend, and all of the other animals out there that are in need of a home that you two think all of the possibilities out before making life changing decisions from here on out... It's called growing up... BE ADULTS. When you're an adult your life is full of decisions... it's just unfortunate that your "Son" named Lucky has to be the one who suffers for a lapse of judgement.

·
Courage
3,052 Posts
Holy crap, that was to the point! I"m new around here and I don't know much about the history of this particular situation but I have to say that any dog that has a family with a philosophy like yours is extremely lucky.:clap: Commitment should never be taken lightly.

·
Registered
1,704 Posts
Great Posting Neela I agree with you totally that's why all I sad was good luck but haven't all you you noticed lately all the post about people having to give away thier dog cause they just can't take care of them anymore? it's way too many for my taste I mean seriously I would live in my car before I would get rid of one of my dogs there are other options out there like buy cheaper food just until you get back on your feet I mean if you can still afford to feed your other dogs what's one more they don't eat that much you can get a 50 lb bag of Ol' Roy for $13 not the best food but it would do the job until you get back on your feet....................

·
Registered
613 Posts
i agree with neela, any animal is a life long commitment, but dogs are more of a responsiblity. most of the members know of our trials and tribulation with our dogs. yes we thought about rehoming one, but we spent money(that we don't have) on learning moreabout the breed, the way the pack works, and basic training. we are taking the time to exercise them as much as possible. sure i would like to come home from work and just lay around and do nothing, but we choose a different life style. i've said this before dogs are not throw away animal. they need as much attention as a child!!!!!! we will do everything in our power to keep both of our dogs!!!

·
Registered
767 Posts
i second that.... i would NEVER EVER get rid of my dogs they come first if i eat they eat, they have no one else in the world to love them and care for them we need to be there for them were all they have. if u can feed and ur other dogs why cant ur other dog eat give some of there food to him... im goin through some rough times right now too, im havin to sell my things and my house and i couldnt afford the normal $50 bag of dog food so i got a cheaper smaller one. if they dont eat i dont eat. ive been havin to work a lot of overtime to feed them and myself i do whatever it takes to keep the heathy and happy. please dont rid of your dog its goin to be hard to find a good home for a full grown pit think about it....how would u like it if when u were growin up ur mom said oh we dont have enough money to feed u all we have is enough money to feed ur brother so ur goin to have to go...sorry... theres ways around eveything u just have to look and dont give up

Reactions: smokey_joe

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Im SO SO SO sorry for not updating earlier but afew days ago my fiancé got a bonus check at work & WE GET TO KEEP LUCKY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Just thought id share my fantastic good news with you guys!!!!

1 - 20 of 69 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.