Go Pitbull Forums banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Banned
3,357 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got into a conversation today with 2 of my new neighbors.

They told me they bred American Bullies. And they proceeded to tell me about how pits have lock jaw.

Then when they noticed Bruno's leg allergies,they were telling me how I could get motor oil,to pour on them,and it would heal that right up.

I was just like..."wow Really?" I had to end my conversation with them then.

I dunno if it was the alcohol effecting their brain,or if they really were that stupid.:hammer:

OH! And they told me how to tell the difference between a pure pit and a mix. Pure pits roll their tongues when they pant.

·
ACCOUNT CLOSED
5,701 Posts
Wow, learn something new EVERY DAY! :(

I've heard the motor oil thing before and saw it done. I didn't see the results. People told me to do that to Helena, I told them they were idiots.

·
Premium Member
2,377 Posts
Interesting that they apparently knew enough to call their dogs bullies but still believe the locking jaws story.

The motor oil thing is an old timer's remedy for fleas and ticks but I've never heard of it for allergies.

·
Banned
3,357 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
They own American Bull dogs. I forgot to mention that.
They're calling them bullies. They're saying it's some "new" breed of Bully. I dunno they're BYB so I just let it run in one ear and out the other.

·
Silver VIP Member
1,069 Posts
Ohhhh, the infamous "lock jaw" :roll:
Congratulations, your neighbors have won the King Idiot Award! :clap:

But seriously... Someone mentioned motor oil as treatment for mange when I was a teenager. That struck me as odd. Never thought about it again til just now, lol.

·
Registered
31 Posts
I knew someone like that where I worked. She told me if I kept holding my puppy he would get worms. And that if I fed him cayenne pepper it would make him mean. And if I really wanted his coat shiny, to put raw egg with his dry food. I told her if she fed her dogs good enough food to begin with, they would already have shiny coats.

·
Work them Pet Bulls!
3,940 Posts
OH! And they told me how to tell the difference between a pure pit and a mix. Pure pits roll their tongues when they pant.
Are you serious LOL!! :hammer: I've heard it all now :roll:

·
OCD Bullyologist
8,663 Posts
Interesting that they apparently knew enough to call their dogs bullies but still believe the locking jaws story.

The motor oil thing is an old timer's remedy for fleas and ticks but I've never heard of it for allergies.
That's what I was thinking....

They own American Bull dogs. I forgot to mention that.
They're calling them bullies. They're saying it's some "new" breed of Bully. I dunno they're BYB so I just let it run in one ear and out the other.
That is confusing. Do you know for a fact they are Am Bulldogs? You seem to have quite the run ins with BYB...

·
Banned
3,357 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
Yes i know they are American bulldogs,I have seen one before.(Though it could be a mix of some sort)

Unfortunately my area is not the greatest,and BYB are everywhere. Even the pet store near my work sells pups from them.

·
Kelevra
1,733 Posts
HAHA! I love stupid people, they make my day so interesting :)

The motor oil thing is...outdated.. now there are numbers of other (better) products or what have you.
Teaspoon of oil to fight a cold, helps with skin issues and what not, lots of people have their own "ideas" .. Gunpowder in a wound :)

No one can deny though some of the "old school" remedies work!!

·
Registered
225 Posts
I've been advised to use motor oil for hot spots by a couple of people. I know that the Bedouins use it on Camels.
I use Neosporin.

·
English Dogge Yard
3,441 Posts
Well i can certainly believe people are that stupid. I have been told recently that because one of my dogs is black that means hes more vicious because he can blend in at night time and you wouldn't expect an attack until its too late.

Yep. lol

Reactions: aus_staffy

·
Registered
780 Posts
Well i can certainly believe people are that stupid. I have been told recently that because one of my dogs is black that means hes more vicious because he can blend in at night time and you wouldn't expect an attack until its too late.

Yep. lol
Kinda like how somebody said blue dogs will turn on you because they are blue LOL.Yea im scared to death of my blue maneaters:rofl:

·
Banned
3,357 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Yes you better watch out for them,they are true killers. It's cause their brains swell in their heads,and makes them mean.*lol*

·
Premium Member
867 Posts
anyone heard to worm a dog all you need is a penny and chewing tobacco?? yeahhhh I think they thought my shocked stare was me thinking they were brillant..lmao that and they used benadryl to "relax" their dog in order to tattoo its ear....

·
Premium Member
2,377 Posts

Yep. lol
:rofl: That's a new one for me! Awesome.

·
Banned
314 Posts
I got into a conversation today with 2 of my new neighbors.

They told me they bred American Bullies. And they proceeded to tell me about how pits have lock jaw.

Then when they noticed Bruno's leg allergies,they were telling me how I could get motor oil,to pour on them,and it would heal that right up.

I was just like..."wow Really?" I had to end my conversation with them then.

I dunno if it was the alcohol effecting their brain,or if they really were that stupid.:hammer:

Hey, we live in the spoiled rotton age of America, where people sit back and enjoy their creature comforts...I wish there were a time machine to go back, let's say, 75 years, where "pit bully's, pet bulls, pit mutts, ect." didn't exist!!! And all the poor health, mental retardation, and manbiters were at an all time low, since the dog owners of those days ended the miserable lives of those poor quality mutts, with an everlasting dirt nap, to prevent those disgraceful dogs from reproducing....

I'll say there's more than alcohal effecting the brains of people these days...:mad: These days, instead of taking off the gloves and handling problems face to face, today's cowards backstab, cheat, lie and run to the law with the "touch me I'll sue," mentality. LOL. What a joke!

So for anyone new to the breed, if you have to ever ask "what breed is this?" you can know you do not have an APBT. If you don't know jack about the breed, go get some books, old and new, and read and learn.

Can anyone be so stupid? Yes, in America they can...the stupidest thing of all, is also the saddest thing: People don't like to hear the truth and the facts of things, but would rather rely upon vain imaginations and fantasies, than listen to the cold hard facts of life. JMO! Lies and slander and mis-information are all acceptable, but the truth is the one right that faces hostility, and is hated most by the so-called lovers of "FREEDOM OF SPEECH."

Reactions: Xiahko
1 - 20 of 30 Posts