Go Pitbull Forums banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
+ Young buck human puppy
1,832 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Other Half wants to get rid of the dogs!

Um OH HELL NO YOU JUST DIDN"T SAY THAT
I don't know what to do. In all honestly I think I will choose the dogs. I can't get rid of my kids, he says they are good for nothing. :hammer:

:mad:

·
Work them Pet Bulls!
3,940 Posts
What!! Just the puppies that your bitch had or all of them.... adults included?? I would choose my dogs over a man anyday!

·
Premium Member
2,377 Posts
Bloody hell, where did that come from all of a sudden?:confused:

·
+ Young buck human puppy
1,832 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
He's been over them for a while when we got into our relationship 5 years ago he already had Stage he was 2 so he has been a APBT owner longer than me.
I think this has all come about after I am finding it very very hard to find a rental property in my town that allows pets. maybe 2 in 100 will have pet negotiable. But I have done it in the past and one will show up.
Hes always growling them for little things ect, hees just over them.

·
+ Young buck human puppy
1,832 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
He pretty much said me or the dogs.
Dogs please! I can't not own dogs thats just not me.

PISSED :mad:

·
Proud CGC Parent
1,782 Posts
When he says it's the dogs or me, that's the point where you say ...

KBYE, DON'T LET THE DOOR HIT YOU ON THE WAY OUT, LOSER.

;) :)

But really. Give him the boot. Any guy who says that isn't worth keeping.

·
Premium Member
9,147 Posts
wow all the while you are carrying his baby and he wants to put the stress on you like that . Thats BS. I can see the pups , where you planning to keep the pups? but your adults that you are attached to and put so much work into and who obviously love you thats ********. that doesnt sound fair to make you choose.

·
Banned
314 Posts
What the bleep did you get with him for? If I could have any female on this earth, and she ask me to lose my dogs, it'd be "Bye, Bye, Baby," as the Marvelettes used to sing!!!

If you ask me, and I'm a guy, he had this planned from the start, assuming you would bow to his wish. So, if you're smart, you tell him, "The dogs stay, or me and you are through, and you be paying child support!!!" (If you have that in NZ?)

If he loves you, he'll tolerate it.

·
+ Young buck human puppy
1,832 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
"I shouldn't have let you get her" refering to Grace, uh so when didn't you start telling what I could or couldn't do. I find it funny!

·
Premium Member
4,650 Posts
Reckon it all boils down to who you love the most, me, Im keeping my wife and kids but thats just me.....

·
Bull Headed
1,247 Posts
id honestly keep the dogs. atleast the dogs are always happy to see me and doesnt argue and yell at me for a week outta every month... but it all depends on whats most important to you.

i agree with eagle though here in the states the guy has to pay till the kids 18 and if the woman is REALLY vindictive it can ruin a guy.

·
Banned
314 Posts
Reckon it all boils down to who you love the most, me, Im keeping my wife and kids but thats just me.....
OFK, I see what you're saying, but if I were married 20 years, and my wife (if I had one) said to me, "It's me or the dogs," I'd say dogs...but that's just me.

BTW, John Adams, who signed the Declaration of Independance, died the same day as Thomas Jefferson, July 4th, 1826. I noticed your quote in your sig...they were the only two who signed it to become Presidents, and it's odd they died the same day, on this particular day, to mark the end of the bloody British crown upon the 13 colonies.

·
Premium Member
13,373 Posts
"I shouldn't have let you get her" refering to Grace, uh so when didn't you start telling what I could or couldn't do. I find it funny!
WOW that sucks!! Think of it this way, If he truly loves you then he respects your interests too not just his own. You need to compromise maybe no more new dogs but he can't ask you to get rid of your dogs that you love. Now the statement above gets my blood boiling!!! this is how I feel about that statement but again this is just me.....
I am a grown women do not tell me what I can and cannot do! (I wish this thread was in VIP I could express myself better ;) ) If he said he "let" you get her then this is a very controlling person and that statement expresses that. What else is he not going to let you do?
If Leonard told me that I would feel very sorry for the guy! lol

It's a 5 year relationship and everything else is ok then you guys need to compromise about it. If he is controlling on other area or you are having problems then it might be time to separate before it goes too long.

I went out with this great guy who was every girls dream. He was soooo handsome, a navy seal, and did I say sexy? lol He was perfect.... so I thought! We went out for a long time but I had a bunch of dogs and he always wanted a Lab, ONE Lab. It was just not going to work and we separated. After we broke up I bought him a Lab puppy and we stayed friends till Leonard and I got serious. Maybe he is just not your soul mate ;)

·
Bull Headed
1,247 Posts
I went out with this great guy who was every girls dream. He was soooo handsome, a navy seal, and did I say sexy? lol He was perfect.... so I thought! We went out for a long time but I had a bunch of dogs and he always wanted a Lab, ONE Lab. It was just not going to work and we separated. After we broke up I bought him a Lab puppy and we stayed friends till Leonard and I got serious. Maybe he is just not your soul mate ;)
you seriously have to be the best ex ever.

you probably already know but if you do end it try to make it on a good note for the kid, if he wants to be a :poop: let him but atleast you can say you tried to do right for the kid, and if he cares about it he will make the effort to do what he has to to be in the kids life whether in pregnancy or after its born. just my extra 2 cents

·
Silver VIP Member
1,069 Posts
I will state 2 things before I start.
1. Getting our dogs was a joint decision.
2. If my husband told me that I had to ditch the dogs to stay with him-- it would totally be "Kbye-have a nice life."

It's not that I don't love my husband. It's just that I can not imagine my life without dogs. And I waited too long to get the ones I have. Hubby wasn't a dog person. He didn't have one growing up. (Sad, eh?) We rescued our first, and he died 9 months later. He was old and sick-- we basically gave him a home where he could die comfortably. It took us a long time to get over that to the point where we could even think about getting another dog. And now we have 2. I really doubt that he would ever ask that of me. But if he did, I would be super-aware of control issues. :(

·
my crazy little mutt pack
3,272 Posts
wow no way, i would totally help him pack! seriously no way i could live without my dogs!!!

·
hrmph
5,349 Posts
I guess I'm lucky and now my hubby loves the dogs just as much as me... he never was a big dog person but he knew what he was getting into when we started dating! i've always loved dogs and always will love dogs and will always have dogs, and he knows that. your man needs to either get with the picture and realize you aren't giving up your dogs and that you will always have dogs, or kick him out to "think about his actions" bahhaha. i dunno, it's just really hard to say what you should do. 5 years is a long time and you are having a baby with him and that's really tough he is putting you in a bad place and that sucks he needs a good swift kick.

·
Original Prankster
13,928 Posts
Aww girl that sucks (hugs) what a time to try and put more stress on you too. How horrible. Before I was with Ryan I was with someone very controlling. He actually asked me to chose between him and Marley. I totally chose Marley. When I started to pack my things and was ready to leave he decided it wasn't going to happen. He took my boxes and dumped them out and then attacked me. If I had gotten rid of my dog I probably wouldn't be here today. He came into my room and got him off me when I was being choked to death. I thank god every day for that dog, and that I made the right choice.
You situation is probably much tamer but he still shouldn't be asking you to get rid of your beloved pets. I would do as Lisa suggested and see if you can't find that middle ground and make a compramise.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts