Go Pitbull Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Banned
3,357 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So...I decided a while ago,that after my old roomie left and did not take the cat,that I was going to rehome him.
I do love the cat,but he is a lot of high maintenance,since he is deaf,and I just can't give him all the attention he needs.(I know lame excuse but it's the truth)
Well last night my roommates mom took him. I knew this would be a good home,cause she is at home all the time,and needs a companion.
Well.....I guess since Mango meows to much for my roomies dad, that instead of giving Mango back to me, the took him to a freaking ANIMAL SHELTER.

Well, it's an "animal rescue" of sorts. called Purrfect pals....I call it an animal shelter,cause I use to volunteer there,so I know how it is.
And now they say that he's in a foster home with a deaf dog.
While I do think that's pretty cool,I am just feeling....I dunno..sad,angry,confused.

I want to know where exactly he's going to end up ya know. I'm not sure if I should go and get him and bring him back,or just leave him in the foster,if that is truely where he is.
I don;t want him ending up back in the petstore window.

·
Registered
546 Posts
First of all... I don't know if a deaf cat and deaf dog are a good match? It sounds good in theory...but the reality of it might not be so nice... I can understand where you're coming from, I would be upset as well. But if you truly can not handle the responsibility of the cat then it is better off without you. It needs somebody who can give it the proper attention. Kind of rude that they didn't let you know they couldn't care for it and just sent it to a shelter though :/ sorry for the situation you are in.

·
Banned
3,357 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ok I just got off the phone with them. Mango is in a foster home with 2 other foster kitties.

It's a lady who has done foster for many years,after talking with them,I feel more relaxed. She took down my number,and I have hers,so we can keep in contact.

I let them know the situation. I feel slightly better. I think I am more upset that I never got to say goodbye.
Not even when my roomie took him to her mom's house. I figured I didn't have to,cause I would be seeing him all the time,ya know :/

·
my crazy little mutt pack
3,272 Posts
this my dear is why all my adopter sign a contract showing in the case they cannot kjeep the pet they are legally binded to return them to me. all in all it does not sound like he is in a bad situation. best of luck i hope he find a wonderful adopter!!!

Reactions: Xiahko

·
Bull Headed
1,247 Posts
i had the same issue we we're rehoming wild kittens we caught underneath my grandmas house we had caught 2 of the 5 and rehomed one and were still looking for the home for the other. the kitten being the first time being alone started crying so she took its crate outside, it continued to cry so she let it go... soo now i have no idea if this kitten found a nice yard where some crazy cat lady feeds it every day if it got eaten by the neighbors dog, if it got hit by a car, or if it starved. :mad:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts