Go Pitbull Forums banner

i decided to rescue....instead of buying a puppy

2K views 24 replies 11 participants last post by  Sydney 
#1 · (Edited)
:woof:eek:k so i got on craigslist a couple days ago and opened a thread marked "apbt"
i usually look at the pics first and
when i saw the pics i thought i was looking at pics of my pumpkin
in the yard with a exclamation i called my cousin and told her
to get on the computer....

only diff was she is wearing a pink collar instead of the black nylon collar i have for pumpkin....
i contacted the lady and in the afternoon i have a appointment to meet with them today after i go grocery shopping she is good with other dogs and is house trained but needs

better manners with people (lady doesnt have time for her)
her name is
"bella"
i might just shorten it to ella so i have cinder"ella" and the pumpkin, shes not papered but i have the option to contact the breeder and get the papers for her..... she is 15 months old
not really to worried about it right now i am hoping she will get along with pumpkin when we meet......
anyway see the pics then check my profile for pics of pumpkin tell me what you think!

See less See more
#6 ·
actually thery have that spay'em for free for pitbulls going on up here so i was thinking about just doing that- ive never had a problem with pumpkin with any dogs but this female is supposedly dominate so we weill see what happens
cross your fingers

#11 ·
thank you, i was already planning on setting up diffchain set ups so they cant get to each other when i have to go altho most of the time i take my pumpkin with me and ya i know it only takes a move to spark a fight all i know is im looking forward to meeting bella today and seeing how she will get along with my girl we are meeting at my house to see if bella will be ok with pumpkin i know pumpkin wont care shes a lousy guard dog.

#12 ·
k my suggestion is do it in the front yard or where ever your girl isn't gonna feel like its her "territory." i know a lot of people say introduce em on leashes but leashes can sometimes cause fights by themselves. lead them to each others back ends n let them to it from there and be on ur toes. for the first meeting i would avoid letting them get in each others faces. just be prepared to yank em apart especially if the new girl is dominant. my girl lace is too and she will try to mount anything she feels needs it ;) even the slightest paw of another dog on her back n she takes it as a challenge. be careful! i'm wishin ya luck!!!

#13 ·
yes i agree about leash aggression but the neutral ground should help, PLUS if they are off lead how are you gonna pull them away from eachother before they actually bite down? I use a short lead, it's a 5' nylon rope lead and I like it short because if I need to pull Chino back I can rather easily.

#14 ·
if they aren't freakin out goin nuts by the time they are close i usually let em meet n drop the leash but stand within reach of collars. watch the hair, mouth, ears, tails. but thats just me. the leashes are still there just not gettin people n dogs tangled n keepin em tied up if they needa be separated. every dog is different n i understand not every dog will get along. this is just what has worked for me. i'm fairly new to the pit world only for about 2 years now, and every intro i've ever been a part of with mine and with other pitbulls has been fight-free n i've never been bit. not tryina jinx myself but i am very careful...

#15 ·
Yeah I think the most important part is to try and recognize warning signs, if any. Some dogs don't show warning signs and it makes for a situation getting out of hand pretty fast. If theyre not "greeting" eachother in the proper manner sniffing eachother, you might as well expect it to get out of hand. JMO Not just things Ive seen with my dog but my friends' other breeds as well

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.