Go Pitbull Forums banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
859 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I went to Venice Beach Sunday afternoon if anyone has been there, there is all sorts of dogs! Mostly American Bullies being passed for Pit bulls :( and of course APBT's. I love to go to see everyone's dogs but I find it SAD :hammer: when these American Bully owners are showing off they're dogs and they're SO OVERWEIGHT!!! And everyone's like OMG AWESOME DOG!!! I don't get it??? wats so awesome about an overweight bully??? ( NOw I'm not bashing on Bullies, I like them when they're NOT overweight! lol) One dog walked as far as I did which isn't too far and it's crowded ok, so your walking SLOOOOOOOOWWW! And the dog flopped over and was gasping for air and drooling for water and ppl are stopping and admiring the dog??? OK?? Am I missing something here?? The dog couldn't even walk????? Why are these ppl in awe over overweight dogs??? It's not healthy for them...I just don't get how that is cool?? And once again I'm not bashing on Bullies I just needed to vent over these ppl with overweight dogs and ppl being in awe over them just cuz they look huge?????? :hammer:

·
Registered
180 Posts
I gave up a long time ago about trying to understand. They believe fat is the new healthy and cool. It's even weirder looking at the steroided up muscle heads walking those fat slobs.

·
Banned
3,721 Posts
That what you are describing is called FIAH breedings mad bone hahha JK I don't think they understand cananine anatomy so they think they are doing good by over feeding the poor animal.

·
Registered
859 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
LMAO that was funny SECD and so true DAvid lol Poor dogs they'll never have the exercise and diet they need.

·
OCD Bullyologist
8,663 Posts
That is an example of a lack of education. These are examples of what an American Bully should be and the people who own these dogs are proud to say that they are American Bullies.

·
Registered
859 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
And the funny part is that these ppl breed their bullies and take their puppies and sell them on the boardwalk and have a little cardboard sign posting their bloodlines LMAO

·
Registered
287 Posts
i have to have a blue pitterstaff years ago and i thought he was an attractive dog. i think that people just have a a problem where they see something they like then just take it way too far. for example, i stil think that a well muscled bully with a big head can look nice. however, nowadays it seems they want dogs overly muscled to the extent that they are no longer athletic with a head that looks so big its almost cartoonish. these dogs are not only unattractive but they are also unhealthy. each time i see one of those overdone bullies i remember what the english bulldog used to look like before it was bred into the mess that they currently have become.

·
Premium Member
1,034 Posts
I get what you are saying, even if I don't agree with the need to single out one breed, but I've seen fat APBT's as well. Not just Bullies. ;)

·
Registered
859 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
OH I'm not saying their isn't fat APBT's but it's more common to see a fat bully cuz that's the way ignorant owners like them. And Venice Beach is filled with American Bullies also being passed for APBT's which we all know their not the same thing. I maybe saw 3 APBT's.

·
Registered
287 Posts
I get what you are saying, even if I don't agree with the need to single out one breed, but I've seen fat APBT's as well. Not just Bullies. ;)
ive seen those fat APBT dogs too. most people say that my dog, who has a little extra weight im keeping on him for winter, is too thin. mostly its just people who have no clue what a dog is really supposed to look like.

·
Registered
859 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
And ppl said that one APBT who probab;y weighed about 35 pounds was to thin and small and didn't look "tough".

·
my crazy little mutt pack
3,272 Posts
I think alot of it has to do with people just don't know what a healthy dog looks like

I did an adoption yesterday and when talking to the guy on the phone we talk about the importance of diet and exercise for bully breeds and a good weight is best for the overall health of the dog. Well he tells me he is a personal trainer and he is not fat his kids wouldn't be fat and his dog sure as hell would never be fat!!!

Well I meet him and be bring out his mastiff mix and the thing is obese I dang near laughed for 1/3 an hour! the problem was I think he truly didn't know his dog was overweight, he kept looking at my girl for adoption going *that is one good looking dog, that is one good looking dog* and she is and she is in beautiful shape well muscled good waist with only slight ribs showing from being exercised not starved.

I think America has simply accepted fat as part of our country and I am not one to talk as I know I am overweight BUT I admit it!!! These owners are simply ignorant to the fact of what a well maintained dog looks like and it is unfortunate as it is taking years off these poor things lives!

·
Registered
859 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I'm saying these PPl weren't calling their dogs Amercian Bullies but real APBT's lol which they're not and if they were, they as well need to be on a diet. And I totally agree with u Aireal lol

·
Registered
36 Posts
I wouldn't mind owning an am bully, but I'm completely disgusted with the majority I've seen in person. Fat, overdone and unable to move, legs and feet so crooked and messed up the dogs probably suffer or will be suffering soon.

·
OCD Bullyologist
8,663 Posts
I wouldn't mind owning an am bully, but I'm completely disgusted with the majority I've seen in person. Fat, overdone and unable to move, legs and feet so crooked and messed up the dogs probably suffer or will be suffering soon.
Go to a bully show and you will see a whole different scene. Not that there aren't dogs like you described there, but you will be able to see for yourself that nice, clean, and correct bullies do exist.

·
Premium Member
867 Posts
Its that whole.. bigger is better mentallity...

How many times has a VET said that a dog is underweight because it doesn't have to fat rolls they like to see??

·
Registered
100 Posts
I know what a working dog looks like .ripped and shredded but I like the dogs to look a little heavier than that.I like correct pocket pits

1 - 20 of 31 Posts